Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cancelled? II

So, the Tokyo trip is back on and I booked the flights/hotel..

Flying out on Saturday morning Oct 18th and arriving in Tokyo on Sunday Oct 19th. Staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel.. Flying home on Friday Oct 31st and land late at night..

I am trying to get tickets to the Central League's Climax Series.. That name is awesome! It's the equivalent of MLB's League Championship Series.. Don't know how much those tickets are going to run me but whatever price it is it's worth it...

I found both of Chen Kenichi's restaurants, they are both a short train ride away from the hotel.

I found Hiroyuki Sakai's restaurant, but it appears to only be a banquet restaurant.. I am going to need to call them and find out for sure. It is also a short train ride away from the hotel...

I have started a google map of things to see while in Tokyo.. If you've ever been there and have places you think I should see let me know..

I also added Ghibli Museum, the Baseball Hall o Fame, Tokyo Disney and the Tokyo Dome to my map.

Tom (another instructor) gave me a Tokyo travel guide he got while in Tokyo so that will help to find other stuff as well.. But, anything you think I have to see please let me know..

----
Studio Ghibli sells tickets three months in advance and only from certain locations. The closest agency is in Manhattan?! I just called them and left a message.. According to the website they still have openings for most of October. I will have to go there on either Saturday or Sunday while I'm there, I will post an update when I hear back from JTB (the booking company)..

Got a form from JTB, filled it out and faxed it back.. Now, I guess they call me and let me know which day I get a ticket for.. I asked for Sunday 10/26 as my first choice and Saturday 10/25 as my second choice..

----

The Climax Series tickets don't go on Sale till Oct 13th. I will need someone who can read Japanese to buy me a ticket when they go on sale.. I might call the hotel during normal Japanese time to ask them if they can just get me a seat.. Might be the best way to do it.

----

I called Shea stadium and got them to contact Evon for me! He just called my cell phone but I was talking to a Japanese co-worker about the Climax Series tickets so I got his number and will call him back.. Yeah for Shea Stadium ticket office... The lady asked why I wanted them to ask him to contact me.. I said because the stadium was being knocked down and chances of us getting seats together next year are pretty slim and we wanted to keep in touch.. She finally agreed and called him for me.. :)

----

Tonight is the first communal dinner.. Sara is hosting this one at her house.. We will have Sara, Ryan, Rene, Jessie, Matt, Sile, Daniel, Rene, Sara's friend Kristen, her two daughters and myself.. We are all making some food and bringing it over.. Hopefully this will be the first of many.. :D

---Comic of the day
http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/en/images/map-en012.pdf
(ok, not really a "comic" but it's really cute)

---Thought of the day
"Mama's thinking family dinners weren't too much to ask for.. " - Glen Phillips

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh I'm so jealous! I want to see the Ghibli Museum! Take lots of pictures for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And indeed, family dinners WEREN'T too much to ask for :)
    I had lotsa fun even though I am experiencing complete exhaustion.

    More lead time for next week though, and I think practice will begin to make perfect. Well, as perfect as you can get with no functional appliances and several toddlers applying cake to their faces and smashing each others fingers and toes into things.

    Oh, and this comment is to officially prove that I read your blog tonight... so there.

    ReplyDelete