Thursday, September 11, 2008

Last night in Chicago - aka let the women lead

Tonight was my last night in Chicago for this trip.. I hope to come back soon.. Anyway, tonight I went back to Millenium park, I walked by there the other night and saw the giant fountains but I didn't see anything else because it was dark.. I was talking to a friend today and she said asked if I saw "the bean", when I said no she said I needed to go check it out.. Glad I did.. It's called the cloud gate and it really needs to be seen to be believed.. It is a giant silver "bean" that is basically a big mirror.. It is amazing and you get some really awesome views of the Chicago skyline, under it you get a really odd sense of looking into a tunnel at yourself.. I took bunches of pictures, I can show them to you when we get together again.. After the cloud gate I went over to the BP Bridge which is a curved bridge that crosses Columbus Drive (East side of Millenium park), it was really cool to be on a winding path in the sky..

After the park, on Lynz's recommendation, I went to Vong's Thai Kitchen which is a French-Thai fusion restaurant. I had a tuna wasabi pizza and a scallop/shrimp citrus curry. I had just started to look at the menu when the waitress came over and basically told me what I was getting all the way down to the wine.. I was very happy with her choices.. :) The pizza was f'n amazing, I see Tuna Ricotta Wasabi Maki rolls in my future (maybe with some Benito flakes to make it crunchy)..

After dinner I went over to House of Blues and watched an acoustic Blues performance by Keith Scott (http://www.heavyblues.com/). He had a guitar and a harmonica on a neck stand and he played both at the same time.. In between sets we chatted for awhile, he is actually from Westchester County NY! I will probably end up getting one or more of his CDs, he is a great guy and a very good bluesman.. Did overhear a really funny conversation, two guys were getting ready to order dinner at the House of Blues and one guy said he tried Jambalaya for the first time the other night, he apparently knows a Puerto Rican girl and apparently Jambalaya is a traditional Puerto Rican dish!!! Who knew!! Gotta love people!!

Back at the hotel now, have to pack and get to sleep so I can grab my 8:30am flight tomorrow.. I want to be at the airport around 6ish which means leaving here around 5am, I don't think there will be traffic but I would rather get there earlier rather than late..

Goodnight and thanks for reading.. There is no Comic or Thought because I posted one earlier today and they specifically say Comic and Thought of the day, not of the blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you took my recommendation... even happier you find it just as cool! :D

    ReplyDelete