Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Appearances can be... deceptive"

Last night Jessie got a new phone, she got the Dare by LG. It's a pretty cool phone actually, I don't know if I could deal with the touch screen but it does vibrate when you click on "buttons". One thing I really do like the big ass-screen, I brought the baseball game up on the phone last night during dinner and you could see the score, the runners, the batter and the pitcher all on without having to scroll down. On my phone you only see the score, for everything else you need to scroll down. I guess when you need no buttons you can have a ginormous screen..

Burn After Reading was a fantastic movie, I always expect great things from the Coen brothers and they have yet to disappoint.. Some of their other movies were Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, O Brother Where Art Thou, and Big Lebowski.. This movie was about - so, not going to tell you what it was about.. If I told you what it was about it would sorta ruin it I think.. Well, I will say that Brad Pitt and Frances McDormand work at a gym in Washington DC and find a CD with some "shit" on it, they try to return the CD to John Malkovich's character and things get out of hand.. If that cast was not good enough, lets add in George Clooney in his funniest role since "O' Brother, Where Art Thou".. JK Simmons (the father from Juno), Richard Jenkins (the dead father from Six Feet Under), and David Rasche (the guy who played Hammer on TV).. Brad Pitt was such a different character for him, he really did an amazing job! I would recommend any Brad Pitt fan see this movie if no other reason than to see his performance..

Watched the season premier of How I Met Your Mother last night when we got home, it was good.. Reminded me of why I like that show.. I didn't watch Heroes or Boston Legal so no comments on how great it was when Snape killed Dumbledore please.. :)

In other news.. Another day, another loss.. The Cubbies beat up the Mets last night and of course the Phillies beat the Braves again which means we are now 2.5 out of first and only 1 up on the Wild Card.. If there is any bright spot in NY right now it's that John Maine is cleared to pitch, they are expecting to activate him on Thursday.. Why so long?? They said they want to give him today to rest and then have him throw again on Wednesday before activating him.. His pitches apparently had movement but still didn't have the speed they want out of him.

So, ESPN today had an almost good article about Shea Stadium, if you copy the article into a word document you can cut out the bad paragraphs and you would have an article talking about the charm of Shea, you could also cut out the good paragraphs and you could have an article talking about what a shit hole it is.. I give ESPN credit for at least trying to write a non Yankees based article about NY.

I was reading Sara's blog this morning and for those of you who don't read it (or for that matter know who she is).. She posted a link to an amazing guitarist yesterday, check him out.. His name is Andy McKee and he makes an amazing sound out of one guitar.. It reminded me alot of Rodrigo y Gabriela, maybe not quite as fast, but equally impressive..

Speaking of impressive, I went to check out Bella's Gourmet Market to see if they had a menu online.. What I found was one of the best websites I could imagine for a local store.. I feel so bad for them I almost want to create them a free website..

Anyway, I'm off to the great land of Shower for a bit.. After that I'm heading down to meet Lynz for lunch.. Still never heard from my grandmother about tonight, I'll probably call her on the way to lunch..

btw - the blog title is a quote from the movie last night.. In case you were wondering..

---- Comic of the day
http://xkcd.com/70/

---- Thought of the day
It's too early in the day for thoughts of the day.. I will probably write another blog later today and that one will have the thought of the day.. :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool movie :D You know I don't have anything to say, but thanks for the link to the guitar, off to listen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might be worried about the security of your shit. . . That movie still has me laughing! Speaking of which, you still need to add Big Bang Theory to your Monday night line-up. Please trust me when I say this show is hysterical. Its on right before HIMYM - record for the full hour and you will not regret it!

    ReplyDelete