Friday, October 3, 2008

Japanese Baseball - a process...

As I mentioned in my previous post the Climax Series will be going on in Japan while I am there. The Pacific League series is being held at the Seibu Dome this year. Tickets are currently available for all games. Infield Field Level Reserve tickets are 2,000 Yen which about $18.00!! Field Level Infield Box seats are 10,000 Yen which is about $94.00!!

Field Level Infield Box seats are all sold out for the Pacific League series. So I decide to get Infield Reserve on First Base side.. Went to Seibu Lions website and translated the whole thing to get to the ticket page, translated the ticket page to select my seat, translated the payment page to find where to put name, address, cc information.. Got all the way done and it tells me that my address is invalid! I can't buy the ticket using an address outside of Japan!! I even tried "will call" for shipping method.. ugh!

I just emailed the hotel and asked them if they can buy me a ticket to Tuesday Oct 21st Pacific League Climax Series game. Who knows, maybe they can even get a box seat.. Either that or they will tell me they don't do that sort of thing.. If that's the case I will email a guy from work and ask him if he would do it. I just feel bad asking some guy from work to use is CC to buy me a ticket to a game..

----
The Central League games are held at the Tokyo Dome but don't go on sale till 10am on Oct 13th. If the hotel can get me this ticket then I will email them and ask them to get me a ticket to the Central League too. If they can't I will pester the guy at work again.

----
Watched Mon, Tues and Wednesday's Daily Shows last night.. Jon Stewart is not pulling any punches this week! He went off about congress taking the day off because of the Jewish holiday.. He started cursing about how the Daily Show was still on and he can guarantee that there are more Jews at the Daily Show than in Congress! It was awesome.. He also ripped into a guest he had who was a speech writer about how the candidates always spew shit and why can't they just let us vote on where they stand on the issues.. He slammed Sarah Palin for her stance on Abortion, he slammed McCain for his stance on Abortion and Equal Marriage Rights.. He is just an angry man right now. I guess it's gotta to be frustrating for him, he has been trying to tell everyone what's really going on now for a long time. Although I think people listen to him he has to feel like it's not making a difference because the country is still just as fucked up. Maybe if he stops being subtle about his views he will persuade more people? I also think part of his anger is at his frustration with the Mets folding again.. At least he is doing something good with that anger, he is taking it out on stupid politicians!

----
Watched Boston Legal from this week, it was a very good episode about how the country lets stupid adults vote but does not let informed 17 year olds vote.. That show always proves it really is one of the best shows on TV.. I really hope that ABC realizes their mistake and continues it past this year.. Denny Crane and Alan Shore were on the balcony at the end of the episode talking about how this might be there last year and if it was what would they like to do, how would they like to go out, etc.. Gotta love the writing on that show...

---Comic of the Day
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/analysis/toons/2008/09/25/mitchell/index.html

---Thought of the Day
"Fifty-one percent of debate watchers say Biden did best job, CNN poll says"
What the fuck is wrong with the other 49 percent!!! Can we put them on a boat and send them, I don't know where, just fucking send them somewhere!! This stupid fucking team of McCain and Palin must, I repeat MUST, not be elected to the White House!! What the fuck is wrong with this country that anyone would say anything good about that stupid dumb ass biz-atch!

No comments:

Post a Comment