Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: Allez cuisine!

Last night's dinner at Haiku was great. I had a Sushi-Sashimi-Maki set dinner which of course came with salad and miso soup. The ginger salad dressing was very good.

Here is something for all you vegetarians out there.. The Hamburger Fatty Melt, this amazing creation needs to be showcased in my belly.. I know Matty 2 Fatty is up for the joy, who else is with me? Matt thinks we should add bacon (never a bad bet) and maybe use two different kinds of cheese for the grilled cheeses. Cheddar on top, Muenster on the bottom, and throw in some plan old American cheese on the burger itself! Oh the joys of being a fat bastard sometimes...

Speaking of food.. Tonight is our "family" dinner at Sara's house. I am making Balsamic marinated Rib Eye steak, Sile is making Irish Stew, Jessie is making Kale Chips, Lynz is making a salad, Sara is making Pasta Alfredo. I don't know what Kristen is bringing, but I hear rumour of some sort of dessert. We are adding another to our growing dinners, Sara's friend Kevin. Hopefully week two can be just as good if not better than week one..

OK, so apparently this blog will be all about food and food related things.. Lynz and I both eat pretty poorly. It's not that the food we eat is generally bad, it's just that we generally don't eat enough and love to skip meals.. Yesterday I was giving Lynz shit around 1pm because she hadn't eaten anything except coffee so far and was going to put her lunch in the fridge for later, I told her that she should instead put it in her stomach which she did.. :D Well, what comes around goes around I suppose, on my way to dinner (4:30ish) Lynz was yelling at me because I hadn't eaten anything except coffee.. :(

This week we are going to keep a food journal of everything we eat and then Jessie is going to compare what we ate and determine which one of us is eating better. I'm afraid to say I will probably lose this game, but it will probably be really close.. The bad part of this is that we are both opening ourselves up to being ridiculed by Jessie for our bad eating habits..

Since I love to share everything with everyone here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast
Coffee
Afternoon snack (4:30ish)
2 Packages of Nori Strips
Dinner
5 pieces of Sushi
7 pieces of Sashimi
1 Maki Roll, Miso Soup
Big Salad with Ginger Dressing
Sam Light
After Dinner snack
Half a bag of Pistachio Crisps
Bard's Tale Dragon's Gold Beer

I am being better today, I already ate a breakfast bar and coffee..

---Comic of the Day
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2008-09-23/index.html

---Thought of the Day
This blog is making me hungry.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment