Monday, October 20, 2008

Up too early... and so are you!

Last night when I landed I took the airport bus to the hotel. I guess Narita airport is not really in Tokyo, the bus ride was over 90 minutes from the airport to Shinjuku (the section of Tokyo I'm in). On the way we past Tokyo Disney before entering the main city of Tokyo. Tokyo Disney is amazing looking at night from the highway, I am looking forward to spending Saturday there. Inside the city made me think of all of the "neo-tokyo" anime and also "5th Element", the highway is three levels of road above the main city streets. Under the highway are major roads and under those roads are the main city streets. It was very odd because it felt like you were in a flying car. Did you know that Tokyo had an "Eiffel Tower"? I didn't.. I might go over to that one of the nights to check it out up close, I have no real plans to go to Paris so this might be my best opportunity to see that type of building.

Once inside the city we had to keep going down to the 2nd level of road and back up to the 3rd. At one point there was a ramp from level 3 to level 2 that went over the water and turned at a pretty sharp turn, as if that was not cool enough it had 4 lanes (2 on each side). Very cool ride, I just wish it was not so dark because my poor little cell phone camera couldn't come up with any cool pics.

Checked into hotel and went to Shinjuku shopping district which also happens to be one of Tokyo's biggest Red Light districts, I looked it up when I got back to the hotel.. :) They had sushi stands on the side of the street like New York has hot dog vendors, yum... They also have drink vending machines at most corners, and yes the Japanese buy a drink and stand by the machine drinking it. I didn't see anyone walking around with food or drink..

Announcement on the bus - Cellular phones are prohibited on board this bus as they annoy your neighbors..

Woke up with the sun this morning. It's 7:15am and I am showered and just finished typing this blog. Going down stairs for free breakfast.. :D

---Thought of the Day
"He chose you not because he saw some end with you but because he wanted to find that end with you in his hand." - Crystal City

1 comment:

  1. Those highways sound awesome, baby! And I really like your thought of the day.. <3

    ReplyDelete