Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lazy Sunday blog..

Howdy y'all.. Hope all's wonderful in you're neck of the woods.. Yesserdae Jessie, Sara and myself went down the BIG city fer Poly Pride Day.. You know of course when I say BIG city I mean Manhattan, the biggest of big cities? If not, now you do.. :D

We parked in New Haven and took the train in. We got to Central Park just as the were finishing setting up.. The MC for the day was Hedda Lettuce, she was very good and did a great job of keeping the crowd up beat between speakers and performers. They had a really good mix of speakers, music and comedy..

Demi Davis was one of the singers, she is an up and coming singer/song writer, if she ever makes it I would be shocked - her voice was pretty bad but her lyrics are well written, she should write for someone else..

Kelli Dunham is a lesbian comedian, she came up and one of the first things she talked about was how the Polyarmorous NYC sign had their phone number on it and how you would never see that at a gay pride picnic because of all the hate calls they would get.. She then called it and had everyone in the park leave a message.. :D

Sarah Freeman of the Gyronaughts did a hula dance that was really amazing, she had the hula hoop spinning on her shoulder.. It was pretty sweet, I just looked at their myspace page and I now I feel robbed because on the myspace page they have flaming hoops, we didn't get flaming hoops...

Robin Renee is a singer who opened up the picnic with a few songs.. She was probably the best singer at the picnic..

Jenny Block, Peter Benson, Cunning Minx and Alan M all had really good talks...

We purchased Peter Benson's book and the latest issue of Loving More. I am adding Alan's Blog to my random links.

----
I left the picnic early so I could get back up to CT/MA to see my friend Bob play in his band Dramaband, me and Lynz met Matt at the bar and we stayed for one set before heading out around 11. Jessie and Sara went to the after party, I'm waiting to read all about that in Sara's blog..

----
Today I am going to go the Willimantic Country Fair that I mentioned in a previous blog and then I am going to head home. Depending on what time Jessie gets home we will see about going to see Religulous. I would imagine if we don't go see it tonight we will probably go see it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment