Thursday, October 2, 2008

Waste of gas...

I'm sitting in the office right now.. What a waste of gas it is.. I spent the night in Willimantic last night so the drive this morning was long and there really is no reason for me to be here.. I could be typing this blog just as easily from home.. :D

Got a call from the tattoo place in Putnam on Tuesday night, they drew up some artwork and I am going to look at it tonight. I really hope it's at least on the right track.. Obviously it would be nice if it were fall-in-love perfect, but I don't hold out that much optimism, if it's on the right track then I can work with the guy and get it to that fall-in-love perfect stage.

Japan update: The Central League Climax Series tickets don't go on sale till Oct 13th, the Pacific League Climax Series tickets are on sale now and I may be getting a ticket to Game 4 (Tuesday Oct 21st).. I still need to go to Putnam Bank and have them activate my Debit Card for Japanese ATMs, apparently the US debit cards don't work as ATM cards unless you have your bank activate it for their system. - Found that out from Tom W..

There was something else I wanted to mention.. I thought of it right after posting my blog the other day but now I don't remember what it was.. I thought of posting another blog yesterday but I felt I had posted enough for one day.. Crap, I just re-read my blogs from yesterday and I don't remember what it was.. I will post another blog if/when I remember..

Poly Pride Day is Saturday in NYC, looking forward to that.. Afterwards I'm going to see my friend Bob "the Long Organ" play in his band... Not sure what Sunday will bring, depends on how tired I am but there is a Country Fair at the Willimantic Food Co-op..

Here is a really funny link.. I somewhat wish this was made up but..

On the funny note here is an email I got from my dad today...

A big city lawyer went duck hunting in rural North Carolina. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing. The litigate responded, 'I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it.' The old farmer replied, 'This is my property, and you are not coming over here.' The indignant lawyer said, 'I am one of the best trial attorneys in the United States and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own.' The old farmer smiled and said, 'Apparently, you don't know how we settle disputes in North Carolina . We settle small disagreements with the 'Three Kick Rule.'' The lawyer asked, 'What is the 'Three Kick Rule'? ' The Farmer replied, 'Well, because the dispute occurs on my land, I get to go first. I kick you three times and then you kick me three times and so on back and forth until someone gives up.' The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the attorney. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy steel toed work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick to the midriff sent the lawyer's last meal gushing from his mouth. The lawyer was on all fours when the farmer's third kick to his rear end, sent him face-first into a fresh cow pie. The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet. Wiping his face with the arm of his jacket, he said, 'Okay, you old fart. Now it's my turn.' The old farmer smiled and said , 'Nah, I give up. You can have the duck.
I'm very sad, I'm caught up on all of my Internet comics.. That does not mean the comic of the day will stop, I saved a bunch of good ones as links so I can keep posting comics of the day for awhile still, but.. It does mean I have no comics to read while trying to kill time at my desk.. If you know of any cool Internet comics shoot me over the links..

---Comic of the Day
http://mchat.comicgenesis.com/d/20080926.html

---Thought of the Day
How did anybody ever plan anything before Google Calendars? I know they have day planners and week planners and all those great books but the problem with those is that only you can access your book and when things change you have all kinds of crossed off items. Plus you only have a little space to write and if your hand writing is anything like mine nobody else can read it which I guess goes back to the fact that only you have access to your day planner.. Sure you could put it on a Palm Pilot or Mobile Phone/BlackBerry but again only you have access.. The Google Calendar can be seen by anyone you want it to be seen by and you can even get programs that will sync it to your Desktop, Laptop and even your BlackBerry. I have a really nice program called "Active Desktop Calendar" that will sync your Google Calendar and your Outlook Calendar so you have everything on your PC..

No comments:

Post a Comment