Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Thought of the Day?

Ok, so the problem with posting a "Thought of the Day" early in the day is that sometimes that can change.. So, I went to the dentist as you saw in the previous post and it was not that bad.. So should my thought of the day still be about not wanting to go to the dentist? Probably not.. I will admit that was the "Thought of the Morning" but I just read something that is truly worthy of being a "Thought of the Day", scratch that, it's worthy of being the "Thought of the Week" or possibly even more... One of my favorite quotes from Atlas Shrugged (ok, my only favorite quote from Atlas Shrugged) is "The pleasure you get from me should be paid for by the pleasure I get from you, not by guilt or any other such pain."

Which in itself could be a great "Thought of the Day".. So I guess the question is, should I post a new "Thought of the Day" or should I just save it for tomorrow? I dunno.. I just re-read the "Thought of the Day" and I guess if you take the Dentist part out is actually a good thought..

Let's try that.. "When faced with something you don't want to do, the right thing to do is NOT to avoid.. The longer you put it off the more you dread doing it.. The reason you dread doing it is because it's inevitably going to be harder the longer you wait.. "

See, now that's a much better thought.. So, do I post another thought? I guess I did by putting in the Atlas Shrugged quote.. But, that's a sub thought based on the new thought.. Ahh, screw it.. I've spent too much time debating this argument.. You can't have two "Thought of the Day" right? If you could it would be "Thoughts of the Day".. OK.. So.. No new thought today.. I will post it tomorrow..

I know, you hate me.. I hate me too sometimes..

I just had this vision of lots of angry comments about how dare I bring this up and not post it.. To avoid those here it is.. I bring you the new and improved Thought of the Day... Which is from this website..

---Thought of the Day
"A relationship is a partnership, an alliance, not some game with winners and losers."

No comments:

Post a Comment