Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama wins!

Lynz sent me a blog from Jill Hussein C. You should check it out, it's very well written (I stole this pic from there).. There's really not much for me to say except thank you America for voting in Obama! I'm really looking forward to the next 4-8 years, I have a lot of hope that he can fix the shit Bush brought to the US. I don't know if he can get us all the way back the Clinton golden era but hopefully he can get us close. I really think we will see almost immediate results because the rest of the world is breathing the same sigh of relief that we are. My class this week has a bunch of people from Europe in it and they are all celebrating almost as much as the Americans are.

----
Last night we had a great dinner. The food last night was very good, Kristen made a rice dish that we put in lettuce with hummus for an appetizer. Sara made a great salmon dish, Sile made some really good pea soup, and Kevin made chocolate covered bananas and strawberries. I did not make the rice balls because of time restrictions so instead I made a shrimp scampi spinach salad.

After dinner Joe, Kristen, Sara, Kevin, Ryan, Jessie and myself all played Apples to Apples. Joe was winning but ended up having to leave early, after he left I staged a massive come back victory.. :)

When Matt, Sile and Daniel got there little Daniel walked right past all the adults and right into the living room to see Rene and everyone. He did come back and give me a hug after he had been playing for awhile.. I was glad to see Rowan come out of his shell last night, he really got into hanging out and playing with the other kids. This had the added benefit of freeing Joe up to hang out with the adults.. Libby came out a little after Daniel left wondering where he went, it was pretty cute..

Lynz and Anja couldn't make it because they went to an election party last night instead... Missed you guys, see you there next week..

----
I posted a bunch of pictures on my Flickr site, there are now 218 pictures from 2008 including 41 pics from Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment