Monday, November 24, 2008

Guitar Hero World Tour

I've been laid up on the sleeper the last few days. My dad came over last night and we played with iTunes and music files most of the day, he brought over a Berry Berry Pie from Mrs. Mack's Bakery in Worcester. If you live near there and love berry pies I would highly recommend it. A few years ago he brought one over to my brother's house for one of the holidays and Sandy (my sister in-law) horded the whole pie. The 2nd time he tried to bring one over it was different and just all right, this year they brought back the original Berry Berry Pie and I'm very glad that he brought it over yesterday, we ended up eating six of eight slices yesterday! After playing with music Jessie and my dad went to Casa Mariachi and brought back dinner. I had a vegetarian burrito which came with a really good Tomatillo sauce, excellent burrito.

After dad left Jessie went and got Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii and we stayed up way too late playing.. This version allows up to 8 players! You can have 4 players on this end (guitar, bass, drums, vocals) playing online against another 4 players in a battle of the bands.. We didn't get the drum kit yet because we already have two guitars and a microphone and the drums are only sold right now in a "full band kit" which comes with 2 guitars and a microphone. The drum kit will be sold separately in early 2009 so until then we can only play with 3 people on this end (guitar, bass and vocals). I know the big argument is between Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I think Guitar Hero is more fun to play in general (granted I have not played Rock Band 2) and the song selection in World Tour is really good so far. When Rock Band came out on the Wii I purchased the "game only" version and found out that they programmed their game to not work with the Guitar Hero guitars which pissed me off. There is no reason for me to have to buy two sets of guitars and two drum kits because I want to play two different games. Not to mention that the Guitar Hero guitars are made better and have a much lower failure rate. This version of Guitar Hero added in downloadable content as well but we have not played with that yet.

Today has been a very busy day for me so far, I had an electrician come over and fix our kitchen light problem, apparently you can't have two dimmer switches on a 3-way light. He will be switching our fuses to circuit breakers sometime in the spring too so that's a good thing. Does $1600 sound too high to do that? After that Sandy came over and brought me a lemon cake for Thanksgiving and a home made pickle.. Don't know how the cake is but I'm sure it will be either too dry or too sweet.. :P The pickle however was really good and want her to bring more.. Went with her to VSC and got lunch (was supposed to go to Bella's but they are closed on Mondays).. The tree guy came over afterwards and we have a date set to remove the tree (next Sunday unless it rains), he is going to remove it and trim up the crab apple for $750!

Lynz just came over and we are going to hang out for a bit before my doctor's appointment tonight, they are going to check the cast to see if it is really too big or not. If it's too big they will have to remove it and re-cast it.

Over the next few days I will be going through my books and donating bunches of them to the library. Also, does anyone want Laser Discs? If not I will be dropping them either at the Salvation Army or into the circular file..

---Diversion of the Day
http://www.explosm.net/comics/95/

1 comment:

  1. I had a nice afternoon hanging out and chatting with you....Ill be over more often to visit :-) If that lemon cake is too dry or too sweet, just give the nay-sayer a dirty look for me and take note, as I would if I were there, how clean the plate may be after they are done complaining in between bites! LOL

    ReplyDelete