Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cosmos Rocks?

The new Queen + Paul Rodgers CD showed up yesterday and I've listened to it a few times between last night and this morning. Last night I listened to the first three songs and was kinda disappointed by the fact that it is not Queen. As a first listen I found it sounded more like Bad Company than Queen which makes sense because Paul Rodgers sings 2 of the first 3 songs. This morning I started over and found I was still cringing a bit on the first few songs, I found myself thinking each song was getting progressively better than the song before it. The last track is a reprise of the fourth track and I found myself loving the reprise but I remember not really thinking it was very good when it was track 4. I decided to let the CD repeat and it was almost like listening to a different first few songs, I found that on the repeat this morning I really liked those songs, some better than the later tracks.

I don't really think the CD gets better with each track I think I let go of it not sounding like Queen a little bit each track so I was able to enjoy it more and more as it went on. I will say that right now I like the Brian May sung songs better but I've always been a big fan of his voice.

When you listen to this CD try to remember that the band is not Queen anymore, I know it's hard to do but the "+ Paul Rodgers" tied to the band name is the key to really enjoying this CD. I think this CD is a good blend of the Queen and Bad Company sounds, I would have like to have seen more Brian May but it is worth buying.

I still don't have access to the Queen +Paul Rodgers Album club, I emailed Queenonline to try and get that figured out. I did go to Brian's Soapbox here is his blog from Nov 5th.

**Wed 05 Nov 08**
OBAMANIA
Congratulations to America. And your brave new leader.
Wishing you, in this memorable moment, all that you dreamed of.
Love Bri

I added Brian's Soapbox to my links page. I also checked the tour information and they now have dates listed for Brazil. They are coming to America, just don't have dates yet. Tonight I am going to the Millbury movie theater to see Queen + Paul Rodgers live, they are airing the first show of the tour.

We Believe I put up a new version at 1:15PM on 11.06 because the one I had was cut..
I believe there's no evil out there we didn't have a hand in
You believe it's a time for peace and a time for understanding
Some of us believe that we are chosen
And if god is on our side we'll win the game
And some of us believe that there's a heaven
When the trumpets sound and the judges call your name
But let's get it straight...

I believe there's just once chance in this world to hear our brothers
You believe there's a better way to listen to each other
We don't get what the other guy is saying
We hear the words but we don't understand
So around the world the same old anger raging
And we all cry for shame and the same old tragedy goes down

We believe there's a better way to fight
There's a way to make our children safe at night
We believe there's a war we could be winning
But the only way to win it is to give what we need to receive

I believe we need a hero to step boldly from the shadows
You believe there must be someone on the scene that fits the bill
A man or a woman who knows how to say i'm sorry
With courage in his heart to match his creed
A leader who can build a brand new morning
And match the tide of changes
Match the intent with the deed

We believe there's a deed of obligation
To bring reconciliation
To make peace with every nation - in our time
We believe there's not a minute we should be wasting
When the darkness falls it's too late to fix the crime
It's peace that we need

Every father every mother knows the meaning
Human treasure that our leaders do forget
And the bullets fly in the face of common reason
And the pain we give is the legacy in the end we get

We believe there's a song that's worth the singing
It's a song of truth we're bringing
There's a way to share the earth with everyone
We believe every creature has a being
Has a right to respect and feeling
To live and breathe and flourish in the sun
That's what we believe

---Diversion of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment