Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lazy rainy day blog..

"One thing about your food, when you really hit it you can't stop eating it and I've stopped." - Jeffrey Steingarten (ICA) speaking to Bobby Flay in battle corn.

I called the Mets ticket office today, the lady I talked to was stuffing the envelopes for the Sunday packages when I called her. The letters should arrive in the next few days so I will finally know what the Mets are offering for packages.

Speaking of new baseball stadiums.. I was looking at the Yankee Stadium information the other day and I absolutely love their stadium seat selector. The seat selector has 360 degree 3D renderings of what the stadium would look like in each row of each section! As if that was not cool enough they also have estimated sun/shade pictures for 1pm, 4pm and 7pm on May 15th and August 15th so you get a really good idea of what seats you want if you want to be in the shade.

The Mets don't even have a seating chart on their website. In order to find a Citi-Field seating chart you need to go to StubHub... Speaking of StubHub, they are selling tickets to the exhibition game at Citi-Field against the Red Sox on 4/3 for $300 - $23,000!

----
Last night I had to have my cast changed because the one I had was too lose, Lynz drove me up to the doctor's office and the changed it out. If you've never had a cast removed it is a very odd feeling, they take what appears to be a circular saw and cut the cast on either side. It's not really a saw, it does not spin, it cuts with the vibration of the blade, the vibration feels nice in one way but it's just very weird feeling. So they take the old cast off and you have this free feeling, the first instinct is to move your leg around but I know better... So, I'm concentrating with all my might to make sure I don't move my leg so that my Achilles does not move. The air on the leg felt so good.. Dr Scheffel then moves and holds the foot on an upward slant and puts the new cast on. The new cast is not lose at all which is good, it is heavier (I think) and it's blue which is better than white.

After the doctors appointment me and Lynz went to the Japanese restaurant in Kelly Square and got a sushi/sashimi boat for two. It was the first time in my life of eating sushi that I was actually served on a boat. I always see the boats but I've never actually been served with one so that was cool. A few months ago Lynz would not eat sushi because she was scared of the idea of eating raw fish. She has been eating it now on a somewhat regular basis because (as you know) sushi is one of the best foods on the planet. So each time she eats sushi we push it a little bit further and I was very proud of her last night because she ate octopus, she didn't like the texture but she ate it.. :) When we sat down the lady at the restaurant turned on a small heater fan and put it next to us and told us to let her know when it got to hot so she could turn it off, she asked us twice during the meal if we wanted it off yet.. Little did she know that she put the fan next to two people who love the heat and that little fan could not possibly make either of us too hot..

----
All of the books me and Jessie want have been pulled from our bookshelves, now I need someone with two legs and a car to bring them to the library... Amber is coming over tomorrow and staying for Thanksgiving, I already warned her that I would be putting her to work.. I would really like to get that room turned into a real guest room soon and the Ikea in New Haven does have the day bed that my mom has that me and Jessie liked. I see lots of running around tomorrow when Amber gets here.

---Diversion of the Day (I tried to embed it and it was acting weird so, here's a link)
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/dan_barber_s_surprising_foie_gras_parable.html

No comments:

Post a Comment