Sunday, November 30, 2008

This boot was made for walking..

I was watching ICA today. I watched three episodes today to catch up finally. The 2nd battle was chef Art Smith vs Cat Cora. Art Smith has been a judge on ICA a bunch of times and decided that he could hold his own in Kitchen Stadium. The ingredient for that battle was Cheddar cheese. Art Smith lost and I learned something interesting about Cheddar.. The color of Cheddar cheese depends on when the cow was milked, if the cow is milked in the spring or summer the cheese will be yellow, if the cow is milked in the autumn or winter the cheese will be white.

The 3rd episode was the latest one which was a Thanksgiving special. Almost two years ago they announced that Mark Ecko was going to design new uniforms for each Iron Chef, they finally unveiled them on the Thanksgiving special. Batali was not in Kitchen Stadium but they showed his fitting, he has a white chef's coat. If you didn't know Mario Batali got into a fight with Food TV and is not actually still on ICA, the writers and producers of ICA will not remove him from the Iron Chef list because they are hoping that he will settle his contract dispute with Food TV and come back. In the meantime he is allowed to be shown in the credits as an Iron Chef and can do publicity shots but he is not allowed to cook on air. Symon has a black coat, Flay has a dark blue one, Cora has a blue one and Morimoto has a silver japanese style coat. Speaking of Morimoto, he lost a bunch of weight, he looks really good again. I really like the Iron Chef America patch that is on each coat's right sleeve. I tried to find a picture of it on the web but I can't find one right now, I guess since the episode is still the "current" one they are not releasing pics of it yet. Anyway, the battle was Cora and Morimoto vs. Symon and Flay. I was not surprised by who won but I am not going to spoil that for anyone who has not and wants to see it. I called the winner when they announced the teams though.

----
My dad sent me a funny email today...

Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a Donkey from a farmer for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day.
The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news, your donkey died.'
Chuck replied, 'Well, then just give me my money back.'
The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I went and spent it already.'
Chuck said,'Ok, then, just bring me the dead donkey.
The farmer asked, 'What ya gonna do with him?'
Chuck said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'
The farmer said: 'You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'
Chuck said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'
A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, 'What happened with that dead donkey?'
Chuck said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $998.'
The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'
Chuck said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back.'


----
Tomorrow is the Holiday Dazzle Light Parade in Putnam, it starts at 6pm, if you live close enough I hope to see you there.. :)

----
My foot has been feeling pretty good so I decided to try and walk today. I put on the cast boot and walked to the bathroom this morning, it hurt a bit but felt better a few minutes later. I walked again a few hours later, just to the bathroom again. It hurt a bit again, but I figure I have to push it a bit right?

Went to dinner at Matt and Sile's house and leftovers, Sile made an awesome stuffing for Thanksgiving which she MUST make again for one of our Tuesday dinners. My foot is in a lot of pain tonight which I think is less to do with the walking and more to do with having it not elevated for so long while at Matt's house.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to try and drive, figure I'll have Jessie drive to a parking lot and see if I can operate the gas and brake with confidence.

----
Anyone watch Supernatural? A few people told Jessie that she should watch it and we are watching the first episode of the season tonight, it seems pretty good so far, the problem is that it's in the 4th season and we are a bit lost on the characters/story. I'm going to need to see if we can find the earlier seasons on DVD.

---Diversion of the Day

---Thought of the Day
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." - Thornton Wilder

1 comment:

  1. Supernatural eh? Jon and I used to watch that. It was pretty good. Except he was a pussy, and couldn't watch it alone or it would freak him out a little.... But honestly it freaked me out a little too.
    I wouldn't mind getting into that again. I didn't realize it was still on.

    ReplyDelete