Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday - no mall for me...

There is nothing more fun and exciting than the crowds at the mall on Black Friday. I used to love the adrenaline rush of working retail during the Christmas season, I still may try to get a part time Christmas help position at the semi-local Saturday Matinee just so I can relive the joy and fun of working during Christmas. I don't think anything puts me in the holiday mode more than running my ass off as a clerk in a video sales store.. But alas, my ailing foot has me locked far away from a mall today.. I know, I could go and enjoy the crowds but would I really enjoy it with crutches? ho-hum...

So, where was I.. The Citi-Field ticket plans/prices for 2009! WTF, no strike that, WHAT THE MOTHER FUCKING CHRIST SHIT EATING plans are these?! They are offering seven plans for ticket plan holders. Two 40-Game Plans and five 15-Game Plans. If you buy the a 40-Game plan you can pick your seat level:
--Metropolitan Box (behind home plate field level)
--Excelsior Club Gold (middle level - infield)
--Field Box (field level infield)
--Baseline Box (field level outfield)
--Excelsior Club (middle level - outfield)
--Promenade Club (lower upper deck infield)
If you buy a 15-Game plan you only get to choose from:
--Left Field Landing (the overhang in the outfield)
--Promenade Box (lower upper deck outfield)
--Promenade Reserve Infield (upper upper deck infield)
--Promenade Reserve (upper upper deck outfield)
So, it's pretty friggin lame that they won't let 15-Day plan people get the Promenade Club seats but that's not the worst part... The worst part are the plans themselves.. They are:
-Friday Plan (10 Friday games and 5 random weekday games)
-Saturday Plan (10 Saturday games and 5 random weekday games)
-Sunday Plan (10 Sunday games and 5 random weekday games)
-Weekend Plan (3 Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday and 6 random weekday games)
-Weekday Plan (opening day and 14 random weekday games)
There is also some disclaimer that says you will get the same priced seat for each game in your plan which leads me to believe that they are not going to guarantee that you even get the same seat for all games.

Looking at the schedule there are 13 Sunday games which means if you buy the Sunday plan you don't get to go to 3 of the Sunday games, but you do get the privilege of going to 5 random weekday games which is oh-so convenient since I live right down the street from the stadium! Well, bitch all I want but we are going to buy tickets this year. We are going to get the "Sunday Plan" in the Promenade Box section. I spoke with Ivon and gave him my account number, he is going to get me his account number so we can try and make sure we get to sit together still.
----

Yesterday we had a pretty crazy Thanksgiving.. My mom and Joe decided to cook some chicken and bring it over, they cooked 2 whole birds and I think only 1 was partially eaten, it was very tasty but there was so much food. They also brought over rice stuffing, carrots, broccoli and mashed potatoes. My grandmother cooked a big bin of mushrooms, a sweet potatoe pie, a pound cake and rice pudding. We also had the lemon cake Sandy brought over the other day. Food was a plenty and all very good, we have bunches of leftovers which will be served at Tuesday's dinner.. Want to send a big thank you to Ryan for coming over twice yesterday to help move my uncle Vinny up and down the stairs! We had some fun family drama yesterday.. Jessie's mom got so upset yesterday that she stormed out of the house and started to drive away, she was gone for about 15 minutes before she came back.

After dinner Ryan and Sara came back over and we had a nice time playing Guitar Hero World Tour and had a nice midnight snack before finally going off to bed.. By the way, that game rocks.. I sang last night on it (on easy) and it was lots of fun although certainly challenging on songs I didn't know.

---Diversion of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment