Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pre-Surgery

Yesterday was communal dinner night and once again it did not disappoint. Kristen made pork, Sile made a salmon/pasta dish, Sara made a Moroccan vegetarian dish, Kevin made a vegetable medley, I made rice balls and we brought corn and an amazing chocolate cake (Lynz brought Ice Cream for the cake).. The kids were crazy with markers, Anja had drawn on herself earlier in the day with washable markers and apparently started a craze.. By the end of the night Rene had so drawn on himself so much he looked like a patchwork doll.. I ordered a really cool Pagan/Poly bumper sticker for my car and for Ryan's car.

Sara showed me my new pouches for my new shield yesterday, she did a great job on them. It will really make my shield much more user friendly and the pouches will be much more stable.. Thanks Sara..

I had my pre-surgery appointment yesterday, they asked me a few questions and did a quick physical. Surgery on my right foot is next Wednesday, they will call me on Tuesday night to let me know what time to show up at the hospital. Apparently I will be at the hospital for 4 hours on Wednesday including recovery time. I am so not looking forward to the surgery but I am very much looking forward to walking with no knee or ankle pain.

---Diversion of the Day
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2008-11-11/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome :)

    And yeah... the concept of surgery sucks, but you get to sleep through it! I had surgery on my ankle twice. The first was a total shocker, the second I chose to do because the plate in my ankle had been bothering me. End results, are definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete