Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I Rock, Guitar Hero said so."

Sunday night me and Jessie finished Guitar Hero World Tour on medium with me on guitar and her on bass. Hot for Teacher was probably the hardest song in the game. After the game they have a Dream Theater song that you can play during the credits. After the credits they open up a "bonus" set which has some really hard songs. Completed that set as well which ends with a Joe Satriani instrumental, holy christ on a cross was that hard! The only song in the entire game that I failed at was "Hot for Teacher" the first time I played it. Every other song we beat on the first attempt. Part of me wants to move up to hard, but I guess for now I get to go backwards.. Jessie is going to pick up the guitar and I will be heading to either the bass (easier) or vocals. I kinda want to play the game all the way through on all four instruments so I might do the bass this time so I can get to know the songs better before trying to sing them since there are a bunch I have never heard before playing them on guitar.

Carrie sent me a "flair" the other day that said "I Rock, Guitar Hero said so." which is so true, you gotta love it when the singer bows to you after the song because you rocked so much... I played the guitar portion as Marcus Fretshredder and made him the best outfit for the final concert at Times Square. I bought the "star" outfit and made it all blue and orange, I even bought a "star" guitar and colored that blue and orange too. As Jessie says "It's gayer than Paul Stanley being fucked in the ass by a Paul Stanley look alike".. I don't care what she says, it's awesome...

Speaking of Carrie, she is in a really odd polyamory situation. I know you're going to say that polyamory in it self is a pretty odd situation, well I for one don't think it is so screw you for thinking so.. :P Anyway, back to Carrie... Her husband and boyfriend are both named Paul! Not only are they both named Paul but they both have last names that end in "B" so she can't even differentiate them without going to their middle names! PRB and PMB, I might add them to the relationship web, if I have her on my web I need to have her connections right? Jeez, how far do I go? Six degrees of separation and I wonder if we would find Kevin Bacon.. :D

----
Last night me and Jessie watched live TV for the first time in a long time. We decided that we would watch the final episode of Boston Legal real time. On the ride home last night my friend Jay told me that the best ribs he ever had at a restaurant was at the Courthouse in Putnam. I had never had them so I decided to check it out last night. I have to say that they are really good, but the best I've had is still out in Long Beach CA at Lucille's BBQ. I am pretty sure I wouldn't even call them the best ribs I've had in the Putnam area, I still like the ribs over at Buster's River's Edge in Thompson CT better. Anyway.. Back to Boston Legal...

This was the final episode ever of Boston Legal, it was two hours and was amazing, I'm not going to say anything about the episode because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who has not seen it. If you saw the last few episodes you will know that Denny has been getting worse with his Alzheimers and he and Alan were fighting to get Denny a new medication that is in clinical trials, in the episode before this they said they were going to the supreme court for the finale. You also know that the firm is going bankrupt and Carl and Shirley are getting married. They did a very good job of wrapping up Crane, Poole and Schmidt and even made a comment about coming back on a network that cared. Speaking of networks that care... ION TV purchased the contract for Boston Legal and begins showing re-runs tonight. The rumour was that ION TV was going asking for new episodes for a 6th season to air next year. David E Kelly also signed on a deal to produce a new drama-comedy law show for NBC for next season. The new NBC show has no title or description yet and it's rumoured to be a BL spin-off.

In other TV news - Scrubs is coming back in January, the show will air on ABC for what is being called (for the third straight year) it's final season.

----
I tried to upload a video to Youtube yesterday and it won't allow the upload because the file is too short? Anyway, it was a video of a guy trying to down a tree with his truck. They had put a cable from the truck to the top of the tree and drove so that the tree would fall. It fell, right on the truck... Gotta love stupid people sometimes...

Well since that couldn't be your diversion of the day... How 'bout this?

---Diversion of the Day





1 comment:

  1. Two guys with the same name really gets confusing...

    I was talking about the two Pauls with a friend and he was getting all mixed up. I ended up having to call them New Paul and Old Paul! :P

    ReplyDelete