Friday, December 5, 2008

6 Months is a long short time..

Updates.. I feel like I've been away from this blog for so long.. So where was I? Wednesday was the last time I blogged, at that time I was laying on the couch in much pain.. Now I'm sitting on the couch in a mostly pain free state. How did I get from there to here? Well..

Wednesday night Jessie brought home some Red Robin for dinner.. Lynz came over Wednesday after John's sword class and slept over so she could drive me to work on Thursday.

Thursday Lynz drove me to work and hid out in a classroom to "work from home". I was planning on leaving around 2:15-2:30 to get to my appointment to remove the stitches. A friend/co-worker was going to cover my class from 2 till the end of the day but he ended up getting laid off in a 1pm meeting! We ended up leaving around 2:40 and got to my appointment late. So.. Cast off.. Padding off.. Gauze off.. Now wait... ... ... ... I was holding my foot up and steady because I was afraid of messing up the tendon by moving my foot while waiting for the doctor to come in and remove the stitches. Ironic (annoying) thing is that when he came in he said I could have and it would not have caused any problems.. eh... Anyway, so after what felt like an hour (was probably more like 10 minutes) the doc came in and removed my stitches, as he removed them it was like a whoopee cushion letting the air out. The 2nd stitch on the inside of the foot was the moment when the massive pain I've felt all week went away! The doc pushed the foot up to where the tendon was fully stretched and then put a new cast on. Funny thing is that he put the cast on with my foot hanging down and bent, when I tried to straighten my leg it was like pulling on a REALLY taught bow/rubber band. I was partially expecting to have to go back in and have it fixed, but the whole point of the thing is to stretch the tendon.. I ended up laying on the couch in the waiting room and having Lynz push my knee down to straighten out my leg.

It still feels very uncomfortable when I straighten my leg out. If I keep it straight it's ok, but if I keep my leg bent for any length of time it pulls again when I straighten it back out.

Last night after the appointment John and Anja came over and joined me, Lynz and Jessie for dinner. We had food from Casa Mariachi in Putnam again, it's the second time I had the veggie burrito and I really love it. I think the tomatillo sauce is really what makes it that good. I'm very glad John came over last night, it was good to see him again after all this time. I was kinda hesitant/nervous about seeing him but it was really good, probably the most comfortable I felt around him since the first weekend they came over.

----
Today.. I decided to see how far I could push things.. I put on my boot when I got to class and actually stood (without crutches) at the board, I walked around with the chair/crutches to support me but I put some weight on my right foot with each step. I did that till lunch time (end of lecture) before I decided I had enough and took the boot off and crutched again to the lab and cafeteria. Speaking of pushing it.. When Jessie got home we went to dinner at the Courthouse, I know the Courthouse is not really pushing it but.. I drove! I drove Jessie's car to the Courthouse, tried right foot on both gas and break and I was having issues with the break. I tried my left foot on the break and my right on the gas and that worked much better. I also walked (with crutch support) from the car at the bank parking lot to the courthouse.

Played a set of GH with Jessie and watched Daily Show. Elizabeth is over now and we are going to play a bit before I head to bed.

----

[] []

----
Tomorrow is going to be a long day/night. Anja's birthday party is at 11am and Joe's birthday party is at 8pm.

Signing off now to go shred some songs with Elizabeth..

---Diversion of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment