Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Got my 2009 Citi-Field seats...

Last night we had another great dinner.. Lynz and John made chocolate covered bacon for dessert, well for appetizer and dessert really.. :) Joe brought over some collards so we could wrap Kristen's sausage and peppers, unfortunately Kristen ended up not making it because she had a massive headache.. Kevin made a barley, asparagus risotto which we ended up putting in the collards so it all worked out.. Drew brought over some really good stuffed mushrooms and Jessie made rice pasta with her homemade hot sauce. Sara made a spice cake and loaded it up with tons of frosting, the cake was in a glass rectangular Pyrex and Kevin ended up mistaking it for mashed potatoes and putting a serving spoon in it before realizing it was cake.. :D

Watched disc one of the Clone Wars TV Series last night. It was ok, and it reminded me of a line from Big Bang Theory "I’m sorry, but I’m not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I’ve seen the Clone Wars Movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intend."

----
Today has been a challenging day for me.. Feeding the cats in the morning was a bit of a pain in the ass, Nest was trying to rub up against my crutch and making me lose balance a bunch of times. After that I headed downstairs to my car and I slipped down the last stair..

Got to work and taught till 9:30 when I set up the con-call to call the Mets. We called at 9:40 and they told us to call back, we called at 9:55 and they told us to call back! We called at 10:00 and they told us their computer was down and we should just buy them online or if we really wanted we could call back tomorrow, we asked to speak with a supervisor and the guy hung up on us!!!!!! I really had to stop myself from throwing a fit because my students were in lab, luckily for me Ivon threw enough of a fit for both of us...

Called them right back and sat on hold for about 30 minutes before getting someone who could help us... Apparently they were only selling rows 13-17 to Sunday package people. The Saturday package was sold down to the point where they didn't have 8 seats anywhere together. The Friday package as well. I was playing around online while we were waiting for them to pick up and was seeing what packages I could get which seats for. Anyway, we ended up getting seats in section 522 which is still on the infield dirt. The guy on the phone said that row 17 (last row in stadium) has the same height as the lowest row in the old upper deck. I got row 14 seats 1-4 & row 15 seats 1-4, Ivon got row 16 seats 1-2 and Pete got row 16 seat 3. Other good news about those seats is that they are covered so we won't get rained on!

Here is the list of games I have tickets to:
Thursday April 16 7:10 p.m. San Diego Padres
Sunday April 19 1:10 p.m. Milwaukee Brewers
Sunday April 26 1:10 p.m. Washington Nationals
Sunday May 10 1:10 p.m. Pittsburgh Pirates
Tuesday May 26 7:10 p.m. Washington Nationals
Sunday May 31 1:10 p.m. Florida Marlins
Monday June 22 7:10 p.m. St. Louis Cardinals
Sunday June 28 1:10 p.m. New York Yankees
Sunday July 12 1:10 p.m. Cincinnati Reds
Wednesday July 29 7:10 p.m. Colorado Rockies
Sunday August 2 1:10 p.m. Arizona Diamondbacks
Wednesday August 19 7:10 p.m. Atlanta Braves
Sunday August 23 1:10 p.m. Philadelphia Phillies
Sunday September 6 1:10 p.m. Chicago Cubs
Sunday September 20 1:10 p.m. Washington Nationals

Other baseball news: The Mets signed K-Rod (Francisco Rodriguez) to a 3 year $37,000,000 contract, I know that sounds like a ton of money, but it's less than we paid Billy Wagner back in 2006. The Yankees also made a big signing today, they signed CC Sabathia to a 7 year $160,000,000 contract! I don't know if I would sign a 28 year old pitcher to a 7 year deal, but that's why I'm not the Yankees, that signing will be good for them for the first few years, but in the end it will probably prove to be a bad one.

----
Continuing the theme of good and bad... I talked with Brian today and he is going to get someone to cover me so I can have surgery on my left foot on March 18th (three days after March Laire event). That will give me four weeks to heal before opening day at Citi-Field and the April Laire event. The bad news?? Well, they just sent out a new notification about travel expenses, they are stopping ALL business class travel which means no more business class buy back... I partially don't care because I don't use business class, but for someone who is too big for coach it is really unfair to expect them to sit on a plane for 20+ hours to fly to Australia...

Oh, and one more thing... I have to drive to the office each day during Christmas and New Years weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment