Sunday, December 7, 2008

Two birthday parties makes for a long day but a good night..

Yesterday was birthday party extravaganza. First of all I stayed up way to late on Friday night. Elizabeth came over and we played GH till pretty late at night. Woke up Saturday morning and went over Lynz and John's house for Anja's 6th birthday party. There was a lot of people there, I would say the highlight of the party was they had gotten a pinata for the kids to break open. The kids all took a shot or two at breaking it and then Lynz gave it a few good shots to get it started. Once it was started the kids all took another shot or two before the leg fell off. The pinata was apparently made from corrugated cardboard so it was pretty friggin strong. Once the party ended me and Jessie hung out for a few more hours before heading home.

Toni drew on my cast during the party, she drew a Converse sneaker on it complete with star and laces.. She did a good job and it was fun having her do it.

Quick stop at home before heading out to get Sara and Ryan so we could get to Joe's party. We got to Joe's a little bit late but it had really just started. Betrayal was broken out, Jessie, Joe, Drew, myself and two other of Joe's friends played. I ended up being the traitor, I made a good run at killing but in the end Jessie killed me.. :( While we were playing Betrayal the rest of the party broke out Apples to Apples.

Shortly after the game Joe's friend Kaitlyn showed up and "Monsieur Chat" made an appearance with the blue bandanna and all. Me, Jessie and Kaitlyn ended up hanging out in the office room petting and playing with him for a while. Jessie left to hang out with Kevin and Sara who were playing Apples to Apples and me and Kaitlyn hung out with the kittie for a bit more before heading to the table to eat some cake (2nd piece for me).. Both cakes yesterday were amazing, John made a gluten free chocolate cake for Anja's birthday and Renae made a vegan chocolate cake for Joe's birthday.

Me and Kaitlyn chatted for a bit more before joining the Apples to Apples game which ended shortly after we joined. Renae wanted to play Trivial Pursuits so that was broken out. At this point it was 6 of us so we were broken into teams. Jessie worked with Kevin, Joe worked with Renae and I was teamed with Kaitlyn. In terms of playing the game that was probably the worst idea for a team, in terms of us flirting and snuggling it was the best team option. For once I played a game and didn't care if I was losing, well let me think about that.. I may not have won the game, but I may have won the game playing experience... Jessie and Kevin pretty much crushed everyone. Renae went up to bed after a few rounds so the game pretty much died out.

Tonight is the Holiday Dazzle Light Parade in Putnam. It starts at 5:00, Kaitlyn may be coming over to go to that after she leaves Joe's house. Sara is coming with Rene, Caity and Libby. Ryan is going to work on building a house for Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

----
The Mets finally caught up with the Yankees a bit and made a 3D Seat Selector for Citi Field. It shows an artist rendering of what the view will look like from the seats. It's pretty nice but still not as cool as the Yankee one which has shade cover pictures.

---Diversion of the Day
http://www.stupid.com/fun/WGUM.html

---Thought of the Day
There is no "I" in TEAM but there sure is one in MANIAC.

1 comment:

  1. Comments, yes, I have comments:

    1. You forgot to add that there is also a "man" in maniac. I think that is certainly worth noting.

    2. I think Kaitlyn was disproportionatly represented in this blog, because she certainly had far more of your attention than you let you faithful blog readers in on here.
    Luckily most of your faithful readers had a birds eye view of your "flirting and snuggling". Although if I were to describe it... I would say you were wrapped around her like a winter jacket. Until of course, you snuck off to the bedroom nonchalantly...we didn't get to observe that part of the evening...

    ReplyDelete