Thursday, January 29, 2009

Next stop Australia...

Just finished packing to head to Australia.. Going to load up the car, have breakfast with Lynz and get out of dodge.. Problem is that I've had this stupid sinus head cold since Monday night and I can't seem to shake it. Lets take the pressure I already have in my head and add to it the pressure of being in a plane for almost 24 hours.. /sigh

It will be worth it when I land in 80+ degree weather though. At least that's what I have to keep telling myself.

Tuesday night for dinner I made a pineapple honey teriyaki chicken dish with cherries, broccoli and peppers over rice. It was tasty..
Recipe:
Sauce:
one bottle gluten free soy sauce
two table spoons of honey
one half an onion
four pieces of garlic
get a bottle of cherries and pour one half the juice into the sauce along with 4-5 cherries
about 1/4 of a pineapple
puree in a food processor and pour over the chicken for the night.

Cooking:
2 cups rice in rice cooker with half the 9-10 cherries and about the same amount of pineapple cut up into small pieces.
steam broccoli till tender
cook chicken in sauce in wok
when chicken is done use a slotted spoon to take chicken out
put 2 bell peppers (cut into large pieces) in and cook them just enough so they get soft
take them out with the slotted spoon and put in the broccoli so that it can soak up the flavor.
dump everything in with the rice and stir.. Throw out the extra sauce.

That's all for this hemisphere.. Oh, remember that Australia is 14 hours ahead.. It costs me .23 a minute to receive calls, .25 for each text received and .20 for each text sent.

1 comment:

  1. ...sigh...

    Ok,ok... I'll resist the urge to stay in constant contact :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete