Sunday, August 17, 2008

Toothpicks on the table?

So, when I was in Sao Paulo Brazil I noticed that all the restaurants had toothpicks on the table instead of pepper. I never noticed how much I wanted toothpicks on the table since I was in Brazil..

Well, if you're keeping up to date tonight was Traditional music.. First of all I forgot to mention that the other day while on the City Tour I passed a guy on the street playing a bag pipe, that bag pipe was a scottish bag pipe.. There is apparently a difference between a scottish one and an irish one, the irish one has no mouth pieces, it sits under your arm and if you squeeze it one way it pulls air in and if you pull it the other way it blows air out. Anyway......

So, I walked over to Sin E and tried to eat, apparently they stopped serving foor at 6pm. So I walked around near the pub and ended up at an Italian place called Isaacs and had Crab Cakes with Guacamole Chive Mayo for my starter and had Penne Pasta with Mushroom Creme Sauce with Bacon. If your jealous yet please hold your thoughts for a moment...

I then went to Sin E and the "band" was already on, this "band" was basically a big jam of whoever wanted to play. At one point there was 5 violins, 2 banjos, 1 accordian, 1 guitar, 1 irish bag pipe, 1 guy playing spoons, 1 guy playing a drum and 1 guy singing. At one point the music stopped and the guy started singing a song in Gaelic, after the first verse most people in the bar joined in with him and started singing, he had an amazing voice and it was even better when everyone in the bar joined in. I was sitting next to the guy with the spoons and he showed me a bit of how to play them, on the other side of the table I sat at was one of the girls with a violin. The people on my right were a group of people who all taught at Cork University (one from Scottland, one from Italy and one from northern UK), these guys kept buying me drinks so I had a bunch to drink without spending too much!

I was sitting there wondering why I need to come home. I would love it if the people I cared about could just be transported here and live here with me for a few years. I know the temp might suck, but the people, the beer and the music make up for the weather!

The center of the world, maybe?? Until tomorrow, good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment