Thursday, August 28, 2008

Comfort Food - aka - Eating my beer - Part II

Jessie left this morning and of course today is the first day class got out early.. I got back to the hotel to find ILY written out in socks on my bed... CUTE!! Did my pushups and chatted online with my sis...

After that I went into the city and wondered around.. I ended up walking all over the main city.. I walked down one street and found some guy selling crack, the best part about it was that all the people around him were not only buying it but they were smoking it right on the street!! I gotta imagine that's illegal everywhere... Speaking of illegal, I walked past two different red light districts tonight and they have these places called Eros Clubs. Eros Clubs are legal whore houses, I didn't go in but I did get accosted by one of the girls hanging out a window... A good portion of the night was spent sitting in an alley on the phone helping my girlfriend out with some problems.. I love you, hang in there... I swear there's some pavement up ahead, there's got to be right??

After I got off the phone it took a few hours of walking around to be able to eat.. Thanks for letting me rant and vent sis.. Now, when most people want comfort food they go to McDonalds or get some Ice Cream, if there real fat they get both.. Think of it, a nice Big Mac with Vanilla Ice Cream in between the burgers and bun.. EWWWW!! OK, so what does an average American get for comfort food in Germany? I have no idea, you'll have to ask the average American.. I got Fish and Chips from the Irish Pub and you guessed it, a Guiness.. If you didn't guess a Guiness then you obviously didn't read "Eating my Beer"..

I'm doing a bit better after reading my email.. Lynz wrote me and said things are "not great but getting better".. I guess I'll have to hold onto that for now...

Oh, speaking of beer... German beer is not all it's cracked up to be... German wine however is banging...

Love and peace to everyone tonight... I wish you all wonderful dreams...

---- Comic of the day
http://xkcd.com/308/

---- Thought of the day
Sometimes your friends are your family... It's amazing how so many amazing people can all come into your life in such a short space of time.. The trick to realizing that is being open to knowing them once they show up.. If you close your eyes and heart to them you're only hurting yourself..

No comments:

Post a Comment