Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last night in Cork - tomorrow Frankfurt!

Before I get to the last day in Cork let me just reflect on the last year a bit... I have been to Mexico City, Sao Paulo Brazil, Singapore, London, Cork, Chicago, DC, I am going to Frankfurt next week and in October I will be in Tokyo. I may bitch about this job, but holy shit!

Anyway, on to today...

Today was a quick day at work.. After class I came back to the hotel and took a nap so that I could go out tonight. I found two pubs that do Traditional music tonight (Spailpin Fanac and Phoenix). After my nap I headed over to get food and check things out. When I got to Spailpin Fanac I found that the music goes on at 9:30 - 9:45 so I left there with the intent on going back later. I walked to what was supposed to be a traditional Irish restaurant and found that it was not indeed a traditional restaurant, boo to bad information. Walked from there along the other side of the north channel towards Phoenix which was supposed to be right by my hotel. On the way I went into the vegetarian co-op and ate dinner. When I got to Phoenix I found out they were closed (for good), maybe they will rise up again but not before tonight... :)

Anyway, I am back at the hotel now and about to head back to Spailpin Fanac. I might not post this till tomorrow depending on what time I get back, but I wanted to at least write up what I had so far..

btw - Jessie is on her plane headed to Germany.. This week in Ireland has been grand but I do miss my mates back home.. Even and in some cases especially the little ones.. :)

---

So, I just got back from the pub.. It was a great time.. The band that played was much smaller than the other night. It was 2 fiddles, 1 accordian and 1 guitar/banjo (it was a bigger banjo, but not quite a guitar). They were very good but took brakes in between each song which was a bit frustrating. There was an ESL group there celebrating their last day. There was a girl from France who looked like Storm Large, I was trying very hard to hook up with her, then she sang opera in Italian and Russian during the bands brakes and I sorta doubled my efforts. I was standing outside with her after the band finished while she was smoking and asked her if she wanted to come back to my hotel, she said yes but her friend stopped her because they had one car between then and she was the designated driver for the night... She asked what I was doing tomorrow and I said flying to Germany.. Well doesn't that suck for me, yes it does as a matter of fact.. Instead of hanging out with a French girl who looks just like Storm I am sitting in my room typing this blog.. There was a girl from Italy who was catching my eye from time to time as well, she was an odd cross between Amy Faranda and Mariah Adin. The French girl could sing in Latin, French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.. She sang a bit more for me while we were standing outside before I left..

Oh well, I'm heading to bed now..

No comments:

Post a Comment