Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eating my Beer...

Walked around trying to find a club playing live traditional music.. The first place I walked by had some heavy rock playing, I kept going.. I found a bunch of places with live music but apparently traditional music is not something for Saturday nights (I found a place that has it every Wednesday night - guess where I will be on Wednesday). Walking along tonight really reminded me of Montreal with the young alternative crowds. There were a bunch of ladies in slutty nun outfits which was nice to look at... As I got further down the main street I started to get discouraged, all I was finding was dance music, or lotsa' bass pop. So, after a long walk I ended up at the first place I walked by for the end of one song (the band was just going off stage). I decided to walk back to the hotel along the channel, I got to a block away from the hotel and heard classic rock across the channel so I went over. The club was SMALL and the band was stuffed in the corner, they played some Who some John Lennon some Bob Marley and a few other songs. They were billed as a "Blues Band" which I guess is what they call "classic rock" here, I spoke with the guitarist afterwards about that.

So, where was I.. Wright, eating my beer... This country has some amazing beer but I really can't wait till I get to Germany so I can "drink" a beer again... Don't get me wrong, Ireland has some great beer but it's not drinking beer.. Tonight I tried a micro brew called O'Hara's Celtic Stout (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmNhcmxvd2JyZXdpbmcuY29tL2JlZXJtaWQuaHRtTydoYXJhcyUyMENlbHRpYyUyMFN0b3V0) which was like Guiness but believe it or not better!! They had that on tap at the pub I went to with Johnny.. I didn't have a beer at the first place tonight (the band that was ending) but I did have a Guiness while listening to the Blues Band and now I'm having another one while typing this blog. Irish/UK Guiness is SOOOO much better than American Guiness.. I guess it helps when it's brewed locally. Speaking of locally, I need to get over to the Murphy's Brewery..

btw - Don't get spoiled with all these blogs... They can end without notice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment