Saturday, August 23, 2008

From Pay Toilets to Lilly...

Aside from waking up too early today was a good day. As you know from yesterday's blog I had no clothes when I woke up today, we ended up looking through Jessie's clothes and I wore a pair of her pants and one of her shirts.. We stopped at a rest area on the highway and ate brunch, I had a steak with onions, cheese smashed potatoes and brocilli with cheese. German rest areas all have pay toilets, you pay .50 Euro to get in and you get a voucher for .50 Euro that you can spend at the rest area which is not to bad of an idea, actually spend money at the rest area so they can stay in business.

They sell all kinds of cool things at this rest area including art work and fucking Yankees hats! (I shit you not, I took pictures) There was actually a wall hanging that me and Jessie both liked, but it went for 350 Euro. I would love to show up one day with a crapload of bathroom vouchers and buy it.. I would just love to see the look on their face 'I want that artwork' 'ok, how you will be paying today' 'with this vouchers from your shitter'. That seems like something JD would come up with on Scrubs..

Back in the car and driving, and driving and driving.. We ended up in real bad traffic jam which sucks and you are retraining yourself to drive stick. After the traffic we stopped at another rest area and I had some Movenpick ice cream! If the rest of the day had been shit that alone would have made the day worth it!

We got to the concert at 2:30 and the doors opened at 3:00 so we ended making it even with the really bad traffic. The first band started at 4:00 so we looked at the vendors, they had some good medieval clothes and some CDs you can't get elsewhere. We bought some new Folk & Metal CDs (Faun, Saltatio Mortis and the Sandsacks). The stage was set up against a cliff face which made the acoustics sounds great, on top of the cliff there was a little cottage. The first band Rabenschrey was kinda crappy, but Jessie apparently liked them so we got one of their CDs.. The second band was Schelmish which was FUCKING great, at one point they had 5 (yes I said 5) bagpipes on stage all dueling. Bagpipes + Heavy Metal = AWESOME MUSIC!! I got 2 of thier CDs. The third band was Fiddler's Green, they were the only band that song in English, which is a Folk/Punk band. I really liked them and ended up buying one of their CDs. The fourth and final band was Subway to Sally which I was sort of dreading. Maybe because I was expecting them to be crappy I actually enjoyed them. Jessie said Eric Fish's voice was off today which may be why I liked it.. :D

Food... I had a flat bread pizza was out of the world, it had Quark Cheese, Creme Fraiche, onions and Ham. It only rained for a bit while we were there but it rained hard for that little bit..
Got back to the hotel and my luggage was here!! YAY!! Unpacked and drinking a beer while typing this up.. Off to bed for us, tomorrow's another big day..

No, I assure you I'm not forgetting something... Huh, something in the title that still doesn't make sense.. Oh, you're thinking of Lilly.. She was a girl we talked with at the concert, she was pretty cool and translated some of Eric was saying while he was talking to the crowd.

Beware of misleading titles.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment