Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2

Last I left you, my loyal readers, I was on my way out to meet Junior for dinner. We met in the lobby and went over to a Japanese place called Wagamama, now I watched a lot of Iron Chef in my day so I have a pretty good idea of what "real" Japanese food is and I understand that 98% of American Japanese is altered for the American palate but it still resembles Japanese food. This place was my first experience with Japanese food that was altered for the Irish and WOW was it altered. This stuff was not even in the ballpark of Japanese food. What I had was very good, but the only thing that could have made it remotely Japanese was the teriyaki sauce.

After dinner I went to the pub with Junior and had a few pints before heading back to the hotel. Nothing else exciting yesterday.. Well, nothing but meeting a German girl who lives in Cork. She had the coolest German/cork accent, blue eyes and black hair.. Asked her out for drinks today and she said she would but her boyfriend would probably not like it... Boo...

Right so, where was I, 2.... What an odd name for a blog, this isn't the 2nd blog... Wait...

Today class went pretty well and students were done early.. I jumped in a cab with a nice old pikey guy, no cool pikey guy story here. He was an old coot, he was complaining about credit card companies and drove up on the side walk to bring me to my hotel door!

I got back to the hotel early enough to go to those stores finally.. I went over to Silver Wood (the store, not my house) and ended up getting Jessie a nice "thing". While I was walking I was thinking how nice it would be to have a bath bomb from Lush and then I remembered there was a Lush down the street so in I go. I realize I have now been in Lush in three different countries which I think is pretty cool.. They call bath bombs ballistics here. Here is a really cool quote from the Lush bag which I intend to steal for myself "We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and the right to make mistakes".

After Silver Wood and Lush I went over to that cool lingerie store to look for the "item" they had in the window. I was so disappointed to learn that everything in their store was generically sized, nothing had cup sizes it was all just S, M, L. Anyway, I totally would have gotten this one really hot thing but I don't trust non cupped sized lingerie.

Now to that sci-fi store (walked right by Insomnia, and yes they were open). The sci-fi store was a glorified comic store, I looked around for a few minutes and left. On the way in I went into a cool little store that had an awesome arm band thing I really wanted to get Lynz but it was 98 Euro! On the way out I went into a natural food store to get a juice and ended up talking to the lady there about vegetarian/vegan restaurants. She sent me to the Cafe Paradiso which was over by the university.

On the way to Cafe Paradiso I so some VERY interesting things. The first was - as I was walking over the foot bridge across the channel I heard a guy yell "I'm so pissed right now I won't remember anything tomorrow, but what the fuck". Now, when you hear something like this (or at least when I do) you look over, what do I see but a guy in his 20s holding a can of beer standing on the rail of the bridge, he proceeds to pull his penis out and piss into the channel, while he is doing this he is yelling "eat my piss you fucking channel"! so... The other thing I saw on my way to the restaurant was a wonderful park with a path through a wooded area by the channel which of course I had to walk down.

So, finally to the restaurant.. I ended up having an Elderberry Wine with my salad, the salad had a Vanilla Citrus dressing which was awesome, and it had caper berries that were the size of olives! My main course was a risotto which was also really good. The salad was one of those courses where you want to stand up and applaud the chef after you take your first bite.
Now I'm back at the hotel typing this up. After I finish this I am planning on doing my pushups and taking a nice bath. There is Traditional music again tonight, I may make it over depending on how I feel after the bath.

Oh, so why is this blog called 2? Well, I learned two cool things today... 1 - there are NO Walmarts in this country, that's right none! 2 - Cafe Paradiso was voted the 2 vegetarian restaurant in all of Europe for the last four years! (1 is in Northern England)

No comments:

Post a Comment