Friday, February 6, 2009

Big Bus Tour...

I got back to the hotel and Jessie was in the shower, I joined her to clean up and afterwards we got dressed and hit the big bus tour. The big bus tour is a double decker open air bus, they have one in pretty much every major city and we like to do that tour in each city/country to get the lay of land and some cool history about the area.

So, we grabbed it at Alfred and George right here in Circular Quay. Took it around to Hyde Park and got off so I could get my laundry. The place I dropped my laundry closes at 6pm so we wanted to make sure we got it early, the entire bag of laundry cost me $8 AUS which is less than the hotel would have charged for 1 shirt! We decided we were hungry and hit a pub by the laundry, the pub had Guiness on draft as well as James Squire's Amber Ale. I had two James Squires and Jessie had a Guiness, for food I had fish and chips and Jessie had a BLT which of course was served with back bacon so it was awesome! The best part of the meal was talking to two random people about movies. Craig is a really cool guy who works at Mex Bar which is a restaurant down the road, his flate mate (can't remember her name) works at the pub we were at. He was on his 2 hour lunch break and the four of us ended chatting while we ate.

He mentioned Heath Ledger's first movie which is called Two Hands. It was an Australian movie that was filmed here locally, it may mean that we have to rent it and watch it on my PC since I can change the region on the PC. After lunch we got back on the bus and took it around the rest of the way and are now back in the hotel. Neat things I learned today.. The first ever game of cricket was played at Hyde Park, the Cathedral at St James was never finished because in Australia they had a tax law that only applied to finished buildings so to get of taxes they never "finished" the building..

----
Weekend plan as of now.. Tomorrow - Take the ferry to Manly and go to the beach and probably a steak house. Sunday - Take a train out to the Blue Mountains and check out that area. Depending on when we get back on Sunday we may go to a Poly Meetup in Newtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment