Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's legal to drink at 15!?

I just went up to the executive level for breakfast and while there I was reading a newspaper article on drinking. They just did a report here that says one or two drinks in a night can actually be good for you but to make sure you stop at four. I guess that's not so weird, what is weird about it is that in the article they recommend that people approaching the legal drinking age should not have more than one drink a night. I found it odd that they listed that in there and reading on further I found out that in Australia the drinking age is 18, ok no problem right, and that people aged 15 - 17 are allowed to drink under parental supervision. I guess they figure that if they have two years of drinking under supervision they will be more responsible when they are allowed to drink at 18..

----
Last night I walked down Pitt st to find something to eat, I was surprised to find most of the retail stores closed at 7pm. I don't know why that surprises me since most Ireland and Germany were the same way. Anyway, I ended up looking at bunch of different places till I saw the menu of Edinburgh Castle which had prawn and calamari risotto. Feeling in a seafood mood I went inside, I know when am I not in a seafood kinda mood. Anyway, in this place you go up to the bar and order your food/drinks, they give you a table marker and your drinks and the guy brings the food over. I had a Blonde ale and it was very American-ish which was sorta disappointing. The food however was great, took a picture but it was too dark to see so I didn't post it. Speaking of pictures, I did some work on my Flickr site last night to include the Sydney pictures. What I had to do was create a new 2009 Collection and then in there put the previous 2009 collection, now named 2009 Monthly and the Sydney Collection into it. Inside the Sydney Collection I have a set for each day. To keep things consistent I did the same thing with the 2008 Collection so that Japan is now under 2008 and I have a Monthly Collection for 2008 as well.

Back to the restaurant.. They had techno music playing and had Cricket on the TV which was really cool, apparently the Australian National team is away right now but they return home on next Sunday for a day/night match. I am really interested in going but the tickets are $85 a seat and I don't really think Jessie would want to sit in a Cricket Pitch all day. I'm going to see if there are any local teams I can go see today, but at least I got to see some on TV last night if nothing else. It's not as boring as everyone made it out to be but then again that was watching one hour while eating and not watching an entire day long match.

----
I've never had a blister on my foot and let me tell you it really really sucks! Especially since it's on my right foot which is already a problem since it's still stiff and the muscles are not back to full strength yet. I guess it's probably because I have not done this much walking on that foot since November but I think a big part of it is these sneakers which are not the most comfortable things to wear. When I got them a few years ago they were very comfortable but since I've been visiting the foot doctor they have not been, they didn't work well with the inserts that I had to wear and they certainly don't work well now. The back of them rubs against the lower cut and creates aggravation there, because of that I am walking odd in them. Now that I have a blister wearing them is nothing but annoying. What else did I bring? My work shoes which are ok, they also rub a little against the cuts but not as much as the sneakers and my really old sandals. I wore my sandals to the pool yesterday and that was actually comfortable but the part flat part your foot sits on is all ripped up so they will not be comfortable to wear for an extended period of time, plus I won't wear my sandals with socks and with my blister and cuts I think it's important for me to wear socks. Plan for today is to look for new sneakers and maybe new sandals.

I just tried on my sandals with Thorlos and they are the most comfortable of the three pairs of shoes I have, the work shoes are a close second and the sneakers are really not comfortable at all. I guess I will wear sandals and socks, at least the socks are green so it's not too bad. I just have visions of Cliff Claven walking around in sandals and white socks to shake out of my head and maybe I'll get over sandals and socks. I can't wear them without socks because of the bottom part being all ripped up. I don't know if I'm describing the ripped up part correctly, I just took a picture to show you what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment