Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Australia Day 4 completed and Day 5, so far..

Let me restart and recap the rest of yesterday and today.. I was re-reading the last blog and although it's a good account of my time with Lucy it's not a good telling of the rest of the day..

After Monday's adventure in getting to work I decided to get up and leave earlier. I left the hotel at 6:30ish and got as I got to the train station the train was pulling up. I jumped on to find it was a semi-express which got to me Epping in about 40 minutes. I got off the train and the bus was just pulling in! What friggin timing.. I got to work a little after 7:40 which was really ironic because the doors didn't open till 8.. /sigh

For lunch I went to (hold your surprise) a Japanese restaurant in the food court and got 6 pieces of sushi, 1 maki roll, 1 eel hand roll and a gyoza all for $17 Aus. It was very good, not as good as in Japan, but duh... Before I left I got an outside door pass so I can now get there before 8am.

Anyway, you know the rest of yesterday so onto today..

....
Left the same time today and got to work around 8:15.. That's not the annoying part, but wait.. For lunch I went over the food court and, I know, I know, I almost don't want to say but... I ate at Hungry Jacks... Ah, ha! You don't know what Hungry Jacks is!! My secret is safe... For now... :(

I got out of work real early today (2:30ish) and walked to the bus. Now, the bus said it was coming at 3:11 and it was 2:48 so I figure I'll sit and wait.. While I was waiting I saw a bus go by for Circular Quay but I figured it would be quicker to wait for the bus/train than take a bus all the way. Well, the stupid 3:11 bus ended up being a 3:26 bus and when it got the train station the next train was not for almost 20 minutes. While waiting I ended up chatting with a girl named Xai, her mom is from China but she considers herself Australian not Chinese. When the train arrived, much to my horror, it was an "every stop" train.. /sigh

Good news was that me and Xai talked on the train for about 30 minutes before she got off (the train you dirty bastards). Finally got back to the city at 4:45! Called Lucy and found that she has a basketball game tonight so had to push our date till tomorrow.. It's now almost 7:00 so I am going to head out to eat, I have no idea what or where yet. I guess I'll end up wherever my feet take me.. :D

Oh, I do know I'm going to walk up to Circular Quay and check the bus schedules to see how long it would have taken to take the stupid bus. I may do that tomorrow..

2 comments:

  1. Heh, gotta love "every stop" trains... does sound like you could us a bus and train schedule :)

    Hope you're out having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY EVERYONE!!!!! HUNGRY JACKS IS REALLY BURGER KING. ANTHONY SOLD OUT TO THE FAST FOOD CONGLOMERATE

    ReplyDelete