Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Week 1

Quick Recap... Last night at dinner I was told that I write blogs that are silly long and as I said then the reason the blogs are so long is because I don't blog frequently enough so the tend to get very wordy... I have not blogged since I was in the air on Friday so I have a few days to recap but I will do them in the quickest way possible...

Landed Friday night and got home real late... Woke up lazily on Saturday and got ready in time for Lynz to come over for lunch, went to the Courthouse for my regular "welcome home" meal. Normally I would do dinner there but Sara is now doing a raw diet.. Speaking of dinner, Sara and Ryan came over and we (me and Ryan) had rice pasta with sausages and Jessie's raw sauce. Jessie and Sara had zucchini instead of pasta with the sauce.

Robyn was supposed to come up for Sunday but her car was not going to let her get here. Instead I went with Jessie, Sara, and Ryan to a vegetarian restaurant for a late brunch. We got to brunch at 3pm so it was basically our only meal for the day.

Monday I met Kaitlyn for lunch at the Amherst Brewery which had some good food and good beer. I had the Heather Ale which was very tasty, but not nearly as tasty as the beer that Kaitlyn got me which was a Raspberry Barleywine Ale from Berkshire Brewing. I just looked it up on BeerAdvocate and it's apparently an alias for their Raspberry Strong Ale. Monday night Jessie went out with a guy she met on OKC and hung at the house and caught up on TV..

Tuesday night was our family dinner and all the regulars were there and one new addition in Hoyle.. I can't really say all the regulars.. Matt and Sile were not there again, they are down in NJ right not because Matty just left EMC for a new job and is training this week.. Rowan was also not there because he was off with his Renae in Canada. Speaking of Renae, her and Joe got tickets to come with us to go see Toad. Last night I made a raw dish.. I should post the recipe on the Tuesday night blog but that would require logging in there so here goes...

Corn (1 pound)
String Beans (little pile)
Wax Beans (little pile)
Apples (2 whole apples sliced into thin wedges)
Bean Sprouts (big pile)
Shitake Mushrooms (1 package)
Sesame Seeds (approx 2 tablespoons)
Pistachios (1 bag of raw - crushed)
Grapefruit Juice (2 grapefruits worth of juice)

Speaking of recipes, Sara made a raw mushroom burger patty out of Jessie's Living Cuisine book. I need to photocopy the recipe for Drew but I need to take the book from Sara first unless she wants to type it up for us.. :D

....
See, that was a quick little blog to get you all up to date... I know I missed some stuff but I wanted to keep it short... Oh, one more thing.. I had my cousin create me an Australian voip number which forwards to my cell phone. Unfortunately the number he got me has a problem on it and tech support is currently trying to fix it.

....
I am sitting here watching last nights American Idol. This year they are doing the top 24 very different. They narrowed it down to the top 36 before bringing it to the votes. They then took the top 36 and split them into 3 groups of 12. Last night the first group of 12 went and of those they are going to keep three, top girl, top boy and the next top vote getter. Now, I'm currently watching the elimination episode but here is my ranking from last nights...

Very good guys
-Danny Gokey
-Stephen Fowler
-Ricky Braddy
Good guys
-Anoop Desai
-Brent Keith
Eh guy
-Michael Sarver

Very good Girl
-Tatiana del Toro
Eh Girls
-Ann Marie Boscovich
-Alexis Grace
-Jackie Thonh
Bad Girls
-Casey Carlson
-Stevie Wright

My vote for who should stay
-Danny Gokey (top male vote getter)
-Tatiana del Toro (top female vote getter)
-Stephen Fowler (third most votes)

Who actually stayed
-Alexis Grace (had to be the third most votes)
-Michael Sarver (OMG! He was the worst guy)
-Danny Gokey

I really can't believe Tatiana didn't make it in. She was really the only girl who was even worth having in the competition from last night. I think that her changed attitude might have burned her.. In her audition and in the Hollywood weeks she was quirky and fun, in last nights episode she was all demure and serious and tried saying how that was how she really was. My guess, she watched herself on TV during the last weeks and decided she needed to change because American would think she was too off the wall to be an American Idol... /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment