Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Time for Buddha to travel? I think so..

I had a VERY good day/night. I will admit today didn't start out great, I woke feeling lonely and was dreading going into work and dealing with my students.. My students did not make the day any better nor did the rain and hail throughout the day, although it was pretty cool to see really large hail chunks falling from the sky..  What did help was an early morning chat with Kaila and a long, really awesome night time chat..  :)

I was hoping my students would be done with labs, or at least leave early enough, so that I could go to the Negro League Museum but I didn't get out of work till almost 5 again and that was because I ended up leaving.  The students are really not taking lab time seriously and are too focused on their normal work projects to be focused on getting their labs done.

Since I didn't get out till then I decided I would just go somewhere, have a few beers and watch the Mets game. I came back to the hotel after work and researched online for a good sports bar, my choice came down to three places; one was a gay bar in downtown, the second was a place called All Star Grill and the third was the Brass Rail. I knew the All Star Grill was closest but they had Karaoke tonight so I figured they wouldn't have TVs open for the game, the gay bar didn't have the MLB package so that left the Brass Rail which did have the MLB package and a pretty good looking menu.

While researching my friend Steve called, I haven't talked to him in a long time and I thought it was funny that he called since I just referenced him in Monday's blog.

Right before I was about to leave I found out the Mets game was snowed out again! The Mets have been snowed out 3 of the last 4 days!? It's spring right? Anyway, I re-thought my dinner plans and eventually decided that the menu at the Brass Rail was good enough to check out.  I had a Rib Eye with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli, the food was not something worth "writing home about" but it was good, I had a Grass Roots IPA which is from a local KC brewery, it was also not something to "write home about" but it was good. On the way home I realized the All Star Grill is two buildings away from the hotel..  Could have just walked there..

When I got back I called Kaila and talked to her for a long time, I am not going to go into any detail here but I will say it was a very good conversation and I hung up feeling great about "life, the universe and everything". She is flying into MO tomorrow to go to a con, unfortunately it's on the other side of the state from me so although we will be in the same state we won't be able to see each other..

After our conversation I decided that I wanted a drink before bed so I went over to the All Star Grill, as I said it is a few buildings away. I'm glad I didn't go there for dinner, it's a nice place for a drink but I don't know about eating there. I had an Irish Cream Ale from a local KC place which was good, don't know why they call it "Irish" but it reminded me of Harry Potter's butter beer.

I'm off to bed, don't know how much sleep I'm going to get as I'm all amped up still but I'm going to try, at least I don't have to get up at crazy o'clock in the morning for a flight.

Good night everyone, till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment