Monday, April 22, 2013

Back home from KC and the Future

Last day in KC was pretty un-eventful, I got out of class just in time to leave and head to the airport. The KC airport is a pretty small airport for such a big city, they have many security areas around little pockets of gates. Most of the gate areas just have seats and water fountains, the one I was in had a bathroom (single stall) and a restaurant/bar. As I was getting ready for the flight I started to feel a sinus cold coming on which turned into a full blown head cold by the time I landed in Hartford.  :(

I am feeling better now (still not 100%, but getting there), still a bit stuffy and my ears are very "full and painful".  I hate the fact that my ears always get so screwed up when I get head colds but I guess that's the price I pay for having such excellent hearing. 

Saturday I went to FI but ended up leaving early because I kept getting dizzy and was having a real hard time concentrating. The game was great and I have to say everything seems to be happening to me now that I got rid of the Deputy badge. I don't know if it's that I'm more approachable now or if it's just timing..  Anyway, I had an awesome time but I knew if I didn't get lots of rest I would not be able to kick this cold.

I tried on my TNG uniform when I got home and it's looking very good, still no pictures since it's not done. I brought it back to Chrissy and she is going to finish it up for Laire this weekend.

Sunday I went back to FI and another awesome day of role play!

--
On a work rant..  I am writing a custom class to be taught to other instructors, unfortunately everything I had done so far was on my USB stick which no longer works..  Gah.. Back to the starting gun on that I guess..  Lesson here, always save your work in at least two locations..  I think I knew that already, but I guess it's something worth learning again..

No comments:

Post a Comment