Tuesday, April 16, 2013

13 Places to Eat Before You Die: #13 - Check

I know I said I was going to go to Fud tonight, but after looking at their website today and realizing they don't take credit cards I was a little taken a back.  Apparently they consider themselves "hipster" and taking credit cards is not something they want to do.  Ironically they will take a check? Who takes checks and not credit cards?! Anyway..  The guy at Cafe Gratitude said if I eat meat the best BBQ in KC is Oklahoma Joe's which runs out of a gas station downtown, I spoke with some guys from class and they also highly recommend them so I'm going to check them out. 

Right now, I'm just sitting in the hotel and relaxing for a bit. The Mets and Rockies are attempting to get a game or two in today although the snow removal held the first game up for a while, and it's snowing there now, and is supposed to throughout the night. We shall see, Wright hit two home runs so far in the first game.  :)

I want to vent here about work, but I also don't want this to be a work vent blog so I am just going to say "jeez am I glad today's class is over"..

Anyway, off to dinner..  I say off to dinner, but I'm not going to post this till later tonight as I don't really want two blog entries in the same day. 

--
I just got back from Oklahoma Joe's BBQ, as I said earlier, they are in a gas station on the Southern side of Kansas City, the restaurant had a line out the door but I was assured by the guys in front and behind me that it was worth the wait. I waited in line for almost an hour and they were right, it was worth it..  They were featured on Food Network a few years ago and were listed as one of Anthony Bourdain's "13 Places to Eat Before You Die".

1. St. John (London)
2. elBulli (Girona, Spain)
3. The French Laundry (Napa Valley, CA)
4. PerSe (New York City)
5. Sin Juat Eating House (Singapore)
6. Le Bernardin (New York City)
7. Salumi (Seattle)
8. Russ & Daughters (New York City)
9. Katz's Delicatessen (New York City)
10. Etxebarri (Axpe, Spain)
11. Sukiyabashi Jiro (Tokyo)
12. Hot Doug's (Chicago)
13. Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue (Kansas City, Kansas)

Did you know that Kansas City MO is the same city as Kansas City KS? The northern side of the river is in MO, the southern side of the river is in KS. Just an odd thing to share in case you were interested in random bar room trivia, which if you're reading this blog you probably are.

--
Apparently cold snowy winter weather causes even more home runs in Colorado than normal..  Mets lost game one but are currently winning game two. Random trivia part, I don't know, lets say two..  ;)  - Mets have hit a home run in every game they have played so far this year, I know there has not been that many games yet, but I thought it was a cool statistic..

--
One last thing before I sign off for the night.  I uploaded like 200 pictures to Flickr last night and today, I had not uploaded new pictures since December so go check it out..

Uh, I used to have a "links" section on the left hand side, the link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrjax38/sets

Speaking of used to have..  Remember the Flickr widget on this blog, wish that still worked..

No comments:

Post a Comment