Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ever worry about the security of your shit?

Sometimes you know you're shit is not secure and sometimes you think it is. But remember, even when you think you're shit is secure it may not be.. Well, this morning I made a realization that my shit was certainly not secure.. Apparently the lock on my hotel room door does not work. I am usually really good about jiggling handles when I close doors to make sure they are locked, I guess I had not done that before today. Imagine my surprise when I jiggled the handle and the door opened!

I tried it a few more times just to make sure, but sure as the night is long my door does not lock. I had my iPod in the safe but for the last few days my laptop has been sitting on the desk. Luckily nobody else realized my door does not lock. Tonight I'm going to lock my laptop up in the safe too.

---
Last night I went to Paulo's apartment and his wife made a wonderful meal that even had veggies! I had my first helping of veggies since being in Sao Paulo last night.. Palm, broccolli and a passion fruit. I never ate a passion fruit before, what you do it cut the top off and scoop out the insides with a spoon, the insides are like jello. It's very good and I'm glad I got to try it. Speaking of trying it.. I tried the Caracu beer on it's own and it is a very good stout. I also tried a white "mead like" wine called Halberth Niagara. I got some Catipuri in the store and I'm going to bring it home. I hope it stays good on the flight, I'm going to pack it in my luggage but I hope it does not get too warm during the trip.

---
Class is over and I'm heading to the Galeria de Rock again. Afterwards I'm going to meet Luana at a rock club to see a local band.

Oh, speaking of the Galeria, if you remember I went to Casas da Mortadella after the Galeria the other night. I forgot to talk about the bathrooms. There is a very steep and very dark staircase that goes upstairs to the bathrooms. The bathrooms doors are so small I had to duck! Also, the bathrooms had no lights except the open window.

---
One more thing.. I uploaded pics to Flickr today.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment