Thursday, November 5, 2009

America's Team, My Ass

I went down into Atlanta yesterday after work. I got down the Lov'n it Live (a raw vegan restaurant just south of Atlanta) around 4:30, my original idea was to kill time around the restaurant before dinner. When I got there I found that there was very little to do so I ate an early dinner. I had Nori Wraps for an appetizer, Mushroom steak for a main course and Pumpkin Pie for dessert. For a beverage I had a fresh veggie drink. It was all very good and I would highly recommend eating there if you're ever in the area.

After dinner I went to Turner Field! I have to say, and not because I'm an anti-Braves fan, the outside of the building is very generic and run down looking. I walked to the front of the stadium and the main gate was open so I went inside. The inside area was really nice and I was actually liking what I saw until.... They have a Statue of Liberty all decked out in Braves clothes!! wtf!! seriously!! How dare they take a NY icon and put Braves clothes on it! I was bitching at the bar about this later in the night and someone made the comment that the Statue of Liberty is an American icon and the Braves are America's Team! Fuck that shit!

Speaking of baseball.. I was wearing my Mets/CitiField shirt yesterday when I went into Barnacles, apparently (and not surprising) Brandon is a Braves fan! I walked in and he started jokingly threatening to smash his beer bottle over my head. We had a great argument but where able to come back together over our hatred of the Yankees. A few new friends, one guy who worked as a salesman for Infinity Auto was trying to convince me that Infinity had a better AWD then Subaru.. The other new friend was a Cubs fan who moved to Georgia, he has been to 21 stadiums in his baseball tour so we ended up talking about what we liked and disliked about different ones.

All in all a great time last night, except for the Yankees winning the World Series..

No comments:

Post a Comment