Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21

I was thinking about uniforms today, why you ask?  Because the Rays released a picture of their new "retro" uniform and I was stunned at the sheer "wow" of it..  I like colored uniforms but only when the color does not feel like a slap in the face.  This new uniform looks like someone took the old Padres uniform pattern and changed the color scheme from brown and yellow to blue and horrid blue, and and yellow..  The only good thing I can say is that I do like the logo on the hat.  It is a "tb" with a sun in the b.  Anyway, without further ado.. 

I wonder if they are trying to compete with the Marlins for worst uniform of the year...  I was looking over some more of the "special" uniforms for 2012.  Apparently someone decided the A's should wear this PoS for a game or two this year?


"oaks"?  Yo' dawg I'm going to see the Oaks..  I guess this one can market well to little leagues?

---
Last night I went to Mullen's sports bar to watch the Mets game.  I had a "Pittsburgh" steak and cheese.  It was chopped steak with mushrooms and provolone served with au jus like a french dip.  It was very tasty, I got chips with it instead of fries and just had a few of them to make sure I could stay under my points for the day.  Even with two beers (Oberon's Bells) I finished the day at 1379 calories.  Oberon's Bells is a summer ale but with hops.  Think maybe a hoppy version of blue moon, it had a citrus undertone with the hops overtone. 

Tonight is going to be another stay local night, I have to get up at 3am so I can get to the airport by 4 for my 6am flight.  Why do I keep booking the crazy early flights?  I think I need to remember why I don't like them..  Oh well, at least I got upgraded on both legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment