Tuesday, June 19, 2012

60 MPH Gusts

I told My Fitness Pal I am 150lbs and want to lose 1lb a week, it decided I need to eat 1500 Calories a day.  How did I do yesterday?  1432 Calories consumed, workout (20 minutes on elliptical and 1 set of 25 push ups) takes 204 calories off.  So, grand total was 1228 calories..  Before you ask, yes, 1 set of push ups, I'm a beast..  :P  I'm using the Hundred Push Ups ap on my phone and the first day is the "test" day to determine where in the program you should start.  Because of doing 25 I get to skip weeks 1 and 2, last time I did this the same thing happened and I got real burned out on trying week 3, hopefully I can do better this time.. 

Chicago = Windy City..  Yesterday was comically windy, apparently there were 60 MPH winds yesterday, I didn't know that till I was talking to some students before class today.  All I know is when I went out to find work out clothes I felt I was walking into a wall of wind, I swear if I jumped I would have been blown back..  Speaking of trying to get workout clothes, why is it that even workout pants sized "small" drag on the ground when I wear them?  I went to two different Dicks and Sports Authority, first problem is, apparently not many people want pants in the summer. Sports Authority and the first Dicks had no pants at all, just shorts.  The second Dicks had pants but they were all way to long (Nike, Adidas, Rebook and Under Armor), the shorts were ok but I couldn't justify spending $35+ dollars on shorts for working out.  I decided to just use one of the pairs of shorts I already had with me.  The second Dicks was in a parking lot with Whole Foods so I decided to grab dinner while I was out.  Got sushi and a Norse Legend.

Went back to the hotel, worked out, took a bath and chilled out for the evening.  Plan for tonight is to head into Wrigley Ville.  The Cubs are playing the White Sox but on the South Side so Wrigley Ville should not be super crowded tonight.  I was talking to some students who swear it's quicker to drive than to take the train?  Looking online at Google Maps I just don't believe it, depending on what time I get out I may drive but will probably just end up on the train.

--Diversion of the Day
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2012-05-01/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment