Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Roundabout

I drove to Reading tonight after work to go to the Oracle Center which is a big shopping plaza / mall on the river. I went there because today was the LUSH release of Dirty and I wanted to check it out. Work was a little lame today as I fought with the printer in my classroom for almost 20 minutes this morning before giving up and having the receptionist print out the materials. The classes in the UK start at 10am on the first day so we got a late start then had lunch at 12 which was brought in (chicken cordon blue, which was very tasty). We didn't get to labs till about 3 and the last two students were still there when I kicked them out at 7.

Reading is about 12 miles away and I counted 11 roundabouts on the way, that seems like a lot until you factor in the fact that this morning on the way to work I counted 6 in 2 miles! This smeggin' place really needs to just put in some smeggin' traffic lights and save on the road foot print that a roundabout takes up. Anyway, not to get off subject.. So, the Oracle..

I got there and started wandering looking for LUSH and on the way found an H&M music/dvd store so I stopped in. I ended up picking up the entire series of Extras with Ricky Gervais, it includes both seasons and the made for TV special movie for 20 GBP. As I was leaving H&M I noticed the mall was closing so I ran to LUSH to find them still open, they had the door half closed but there was a ton of people inside, today was the launch party for Dirty so they were open late. I got to wash with the new shower bar and got to try the mouth wash / toothpaste. It is VERY odd to use a scented toothpaste, what is odder is that the toothpaste is a chew able tablet you chew on and let coat your mouth before brushing. I took a sample to try tomorrow morning (or maybe tonight before bed) so I will let you know how it really works, trying it in the store I just chewed on it and rinsed which was very odd. The shaving lotion and hair treatment smelled "eh" but the shampoo gel and spray scent both smelled amazing so I got one of each to try / share. I ended up talking to a guy who works there and was telling him how disappointed I was that they didn't carry The Smell of Weather Turning in the store, he said he thought he had one in the back from a sample pack but when he came back he said he couldn't find it. Oh well.. In the midst of us talking I mentioned that my girlfriend works at LUSH in the US and he actually ended up giving me the employee discount because we were talking and what I know nobody who didn't work at LUSH would know.. Thanks sweetie, you talking about trial baskets and parties saved me some money tonight.. :)

After LUSH I decided it was time to eat so I went to Yo Sushi which is one of those places that has a bunch of sushi on a conveyor belt and you pick what you want as it goes by. The sushi was very good but the star of the meal was the Miso Soup which was out of this world good! All in all I ended up getting 6 dishes (2 rolls, 2 hand rolls, 1 nigri and the Miso soup) for just under 20 GBP.

Got back to the hotel and went to the local pub for a UK Guinness, I really have to say if you ever get to the UK make sure to try the Guinness because it's certainly a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment