Monday, March 7, 2011

Arrived in London

Flight started well, we backed away from the gate and were powering up the engines when they found that one of them was not working.. Had to power down and wait to be towed to a repair gate were we sat for 2 hours waiting for them to fix the engine. They turned on the entertainment system while we waited but my seat (and the empty one next to me) had broken entertainment systems. No problem they said, they will reboot them once we have restored full power and it should work. I could look at the list of movies/tv shows but I couldn't watch any. There were probably 10 of the 50 movies that I really wanted to see so I was hopeful it would work after they fixed everything. Finally got engine fixed and ready to take off.. Entertainment system still broken, oh well, I wanted to sleep anyway.

Landed in London with no further issues. Got my car which is an Audi A6, super nice ride with GPS in dash and climate control. Drive to hotel was no issue, took a little getting used to again being on the "right" side of the road but after a minute I was fine with that. If anyone wants to know how it's like to drive in London, drive in New Jersey. It's the only other place with this many "jug-handles" or as they call them here "roundabouts".

Just checked in at hotel. TripIt failed me for the first time, they had my hotel details but no address so I had to boot laptop in airport and pay for internet to find out address. D'Oh... Anyway, the rooms in this place are SMALL, there is barely enough room for the bed and the bathroom only has a shower! So much for all the LUSH goodies I brought with me to take baths.

I am about to head into London for the day, figure I'll go see the Queen thing today and maybe wander to the theater district to see what's playing and what I can get cheap tickets to.

Because of high price cell phone calls I will make sure to update this blog regularly while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment