Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rollercoasters aren't just for Lynz anymore.. ;)

I have been taking a new way to Milford the last few weeks thanks to Google Maps and my GPS. Anyway, there is a home improvement store on the way that has the following quote on their sign out front.. "If you can't learn to do something well, enjoy doing it badly"

----
Lots has happened since my last blog...

Went to the Mets/Yanks game at CitiField and was once again reminded why every year we say "this is the last Mets/Yanks game we go to".. I say this now, but I'm sure I'll go back on this next year.. I could sell those stupid tickets for almost as much (if not more) than my entire ticket package. Maybe next year I will really sell them..

Thursday was a great day with a capital G-R-E-A-T... Started out super exciting with a work con-call then going to Long Subaru in the down pour to get my 3,000 mile service.. I know, it does not sound to great yet.. Well as it turns out, Long Subaru gives you your first service free! After my car was done I went to Lynz's house for lunch, we ate at the Willi-Brewpub which I had not done in a long time and then got to relax at her house (kid-free and stress-free) which I had not done in, it seems like forever.. After dinner I ran home, took a quick shower and went out to meet Holly..  I got to meet Louie and then we headed out for sushi, the sushi restaurant we went to had outside seating so we got to enjoy the semi-warm weather while we ate. After dinner we went and played pool, I won both games with Holly scratching on the 8-ball, I guess that goes back to the quote on the top of this blog.. After pool we went to the boardwalk and sat on a bench looking out on the ocean. It was a beautiful night and it made for a wonderful end of a great day.

Sunday was not all bad, in fact it was not even half bad.. Actually, I think I quite enjoyed it (it being the day as a whole).. I went over Sara's house for lunch and we went and got (wait for it) sushi at Thai Basil.. After lunch we went and walked around the paths around her yard with Murphy.  Sunday night Jesse, Marie and Sara came over and we went to the Courthouse for dinner and then we met up with Rene, Hoyle, Janine, Matt, Sile and Daniel and watched the Putnam Fireworks. I love the Putnam Fireworks, they always do an amazing job. I don't know how much they spend on them but it's worth every penny..

Speaking of Fireworks.. Friday night Amber and Kris came over and we hung out with my friend Mike playing Guitar Hero till real late.. Saturday me, Jessie, Amber and Kris went to my mom's house for a bbq, I went to Smoke and Leather and finally got a pipe.. Joe (my mom's husband) makes a really good BBQ sauce that he marinated the chicken in and put on top of the burgers. My mom bought a bunch of fireworks and we had a really good time shooting them off in the evening.. Me, my brother and his kids played Croquet during the day which was lots of fun (thanks Randy for showing me that silly game)..

----
In and around this crazy week I've been working on my new shield for Laire, I am planning on fighting a bit this weekend so I need to have my shield re-done. I had been trying to get someone who was actually an artist to paint on my shield but nobody could do it under short notice so I did it all myself.. I'm actually shocked at how good it came out.. Not to sound too cocky but, I do tend to do a good job at whatever I actually try to do.. "unquiet" right? Anyway, I have pictures of it on my computer and they should be on Flickr soon after I post this blog, go check them out..

My feet have been doing much better, I ran a few times in the last few days and I've even been doing push ups again. Must make these pants not tight!

----
Yesterday me and Jessie were going to go to the Thai place in Webster but on the way saw signs for Waterfront Mary's and decided to go there instead.. I'm very glad we did, the place is right on Webster lake and they have outside seating right against the water. They actually have docks so you can drive your boats to the restaurant! What an awesome idea, I would love to live somewhere that I could drive a boat to a restaurant! The food was good and cheap as was the beer. I will certainly be going back and I would recommend it to anyone. We had crab cakes which had tons of actual crab meat and I had a shrimp ceaser salad. The waitress recommended I put lemon in my ceaser salad which I had never tried before and turned out to be an awesome idea. The restaurant has a Myspace page but I can't link it because I'm typing this blog at work and can't access Myspace.

After dinner we watched Iron Chef America and History Detectives while I worked on my shield. I am all gaga over Elyse Luray (one of the History Detectives), I feel sorta stalker-ish because last night I joined Twitter and she was the first person I added my following list..

I added a bunch of new Food Network shows to my TV lineup (Chopped, Next Food Network Star, and The Best Thing I Ever Ate) for the summer since all the regular shows are in repeats.

----
Unquiet by Toad the Wet Sprocket

I am taught but i
Never learn a thing
I'm not deaf but i
Can't hear everything

A quiet world
Unquiet

I am strong but i
Never move a thing
I have words but i
Lack the voice to sing

A quiet world
Unquiet
I would sell the world
Would i...

I am fast but i
Never move at all
I have sight but i
Never choose to show

A quiet world
Unquiet
I would sell the world
Would i...
A quiet world
Unquiet

No comments:

Post a Comment