Monday, July 13, 2009

BYOB - Outside too

Bloggity Blog Blog... What's new with me? Well.. The biggest thing is that I fought at Laire this weekend.. I was full combat Saturday from when I woke up till right before feast. We woke up to some orcs trying to attack our tent site and we went after them to kill them, during the fight Lux had his sword stolen so we tracked them into their encampment. I didn't get a chance to swing in the wake up fight because I was walking to slow to get into the fight. I was wearing my sandals and didn't want to chance rolling my ankle on the rocks. I did however fight at the encampment, I hit a few, killed one and didn't get hit so I would call that success. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until they announced arena fights. I have never lost in an arena fight and really wanted to fight their undefeated champion, I also really didn't want to hurt myself so I originally denied the fight. After watching a few fights however I changed my mind and entered the arena, considering I had not fought since November I think I did pretty well. I did end up losing in the end but I made a pretty good showing of it. Good news is that I can still at least say I'm undefeated in the Avalonian arena..

So, how are my feet? Very good, thanks for asking.. I'm sore like I over did it at the gym but at least I'm not in pain.

---
The week in review..

Wednesday night I went out with Holly, we went to Paul's Pasta Shop in Groton. It's a nice place right on the water, I had a Spaghetti Pie which is Spaghetti baked in a deep dish with ricotta, hot and sweet sausage, meatballs, green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese topped with red sauce. It was so good and crazy big, when it arrived I cut it in half and brought that half home for Jessie to eat for lunch the next day. Holly had Paparadelle Carbonara which is a crazy wide pasta tossed with prosciutto and peas cooked in a black peppercorn alfredo sauce. After dinner we drove to Dairy Queen and then went and stood on the waterfront by the restaurant.

Thursday night I went to dinner with Lynz, we went to Coyote Flaco in Mansfield Center. We sat outside on their deck and ended up having to prop a menu up to block the sun from being in my eyes. The place had this "door handle" which is a man's worst nightmare.. It was a horseshoe pointed upwards around crotch height. I took a picture of Lynz standing next to it, I will post it on Flickr when I'm done with this blog so you can check it out. I had a skirt steak which came with a chicken enchilada, beans and rice. The steak was very good but the enchilada was a little dry, it was much better once I dumped a bunch of guacamole on it. Lynz had chicken mole (if memory serves).

I'm so glad that summer is finally starting, to be able to sit outside two nights in a row should not be a novelty in July. Speaking of summer, I really don't want to be sitting in this class right now, it's really nice out and I'm sitting in a room with windows which just makes it worse because I get to see the sunshine but not get to be in it..

Sunday I went to the Mets game with my friend Lee and his wife. It was awesomely hot and the sun was on us for the whole game.. So, you know how when you normally wear pants and your legs never get sun? Well, that would be a good time to put sunscreen on your legs.. My knees got really sunburned, possibly to the point of sun poison. I had a really tough time driving home and ended up with a really bad headache after taking a bath. I bought some after sun burn lotion while I was in Australia, I put that on it after my bath which made it feel much better. My headache and lack of energy could also have been because I didn't eat much yesterday. Jessie made me some food right before bed and woke me up so I could eat it. I think that and some dead to the world sleep made everything better. I had so little energy I could barely get my car unpacked from Laire, I just threw everything into the garage, I'll start laundry tonight when I get home.

Saturday night (yes, while at Laire) I went to dinner at Veggie Heaven in Denville NJ. Everything on their menu is Vegetarian, they do an amazing job of making meat substitutes. I had beef and chicken in a sesame sauce, Amber had some spinach noodles with chicken and mushrooms, Al had a chicken cutlet supreme, Mateo had a seafood dish (don't remember which one) and Adam had sushi and some lo mein. Everything (even the seafood) tasted like what they said it was supposed to be! I've never had a seafood substitute that actually tasted like shrimp, crab, etc.. We will probably be going back there each month, it has a much better selection than Fu's (the place we normally go). It's about a 20 min drive but it's very worth it.

---
In other Mets news.. Delgado and Reyes both worked out on Sunday and are looking good, there is still no timetable for their return but they are doing better and should be back sooner rather than later. Maine and Beltran have not been doing as well and they will probably be back later rather than sooner.. They enter the all star break 6.5 games back and will certainly have a up hill battle in the 2nd half, hopefully we can get our players back soon to make the hill a little less steep.

---
Tonight me and Jessie are going to a town meeting to support/change the BYOB outdoor serving law. Over the last few years restaurants in Putnam have added outdoor seating. If you serve alcohol you are allowed to serve it on the outdoor patio seating, however if you're BYOB you are not allowed to let anyone on the outdoor patio to drink! The meeting tonight is to change the BYOB law so that they can allow people on the outdoor patio to BYOB.

Saturday Putnam is having it's first River Fire from 7pm till 10pm. Me and Jessie will be there, if you're in the area come on by. Maybe we can do dinner before heading over like we did at the fireworks.

---Thought of the Day
These cookies are magic! They cure sinus infections and cranky moods.. :D

---Diversion of the Day

2 comments:

  1. Your statements could not be verified by the FDA. Butter cookies certainly do *not* cure sinus infections and for a growing segment of the population, can induce crankiness :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a clinical trial 100% of the people tested showed positive results!

    ReplyDelete