Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Disney Day 1..

Last night I relaxed in the hot tub and watched some Daily Shows on my laptop. Lag time was pretty horrible and kept buffering but I got caught up to date.. Woke up this morning and finished the drive to Disney.. Got to Disney at the same time as my dad, uncle Larry, aunt Tina and their grandson Cameron. Me and dad went over to the Magic Kingdom to get me my annual pass and food discount card, I managed to convince him to come into the park with me and we went to a few rides before meeting back up with Larry, Tina and Cameron to head to dinner.. The lines were all very small which is a good thing. I was a little disappointed in the lack of Christmas decorations, the only place that was decorated was the Main Street area.

Tonight dinner was at Citricos which is in the Grand Floridian hotel. I had Berkshire Pork Two Ways which was Pork Tenderloin and Braised Pork Belly with Herbed Gnocchi, Heirloom Apples,
Swiss Chard, and Madeira Broth. The wine they recommended with it was the King Estate Pinot Noir, Oregon ’07 which was a little too sweet for me. I thought the meal would have been better with a more full wine but oh well.. For dessert me and Tina split a Warm Chocolate Banana Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream which was really good.

We are now in the bar/observation deck in the hotel. We are in the Bay Lake Tower which is at the Contemporary hotel. Our room is on the 12th floor and we have a wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom. The only problem I have is that the room does not have locks on the bathrooms..

Speaking of hotels, they re-opened the tree houses. There are 60 units and they attached them to Saratoga Springs which means they are part of the Disney Vacation Club..

No comments:

Post a Comment