Wednesday, June 17, 2009

中車

Holy crap, I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last blog... I keep meaning to blog but then I get tied up with other crap and now I feel like so much has happened I don't know where to start or what to right about...

So, big news... Sonic has moved onto another life, I didn't bring him to Subaru heaven but instead sold him to a repair shop in Putnam who is taking care to bring him back to his full glory. I am very sad to part ways but he needed more a more car savvy person to continue a healthy long life.

I did a bunch of research and ended up with another Subaru. I checked out the new Outback Sport and found the cargo space was way to small. I checked into other makes as well (Audi A3, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, Suzuki SX4) but none of them had anywhere near the cargo space as Sonic. Apparently people want the look of a wagon, but don't want the cargo of a real wagon. I forget the exact numbers now because I did all this research a few weeks ago and didn't write it down, but the new Subaru Outback has 3 more cubic feet of storage then my old car.

Pictures of the new car are up on Flickr, although I have not posted a blog in awhile I have been updating Flickr. New car is the color of the blue Totoro, his name is ironically Chū Totoro (Chū meaning middle or medium). I say ironically because he is the middle sized Totoro, the big guy is Oh Totoro and the little one is Chibi Totoro (Oh means biggest or great, Chibi means small). Well if the Impreza is Subaru's little car or Chibi car and if the Forester is their big car (Oh car) then the Outback is their middle or Chū car. Car translated in to Japanese is 車 which can be pronounced Ka or Kuruma, hence the new car's name is 中車. 中 = Chū.. I have not decided yet if I want to pronounce it Chū Ka or Chū Kuruma.

I have ordered replacement stickers for everything but the Studio Ghibli one. I tried to call the Museum shop but they don't accept calls from outside Japan, I tried to email them and my email address got rejected. I emailed a friend who works in Japan and hopefully they can get in touch with them.

----
Went to Yankee stadium for the first time on Saturday to see the Mets play, luckily for me the Mets won that game. That stadium is the worst of the new stadiums I've been to. It feels like your in a corporate park and not in a baseball stadium, when you're at your seat the stadium is just like being at the old stadium except the massive scoreboard. The problem is when you leave your seat to get food. The food is WAY to expensive and not very good, they apparently have really good food but you need reservations to get into those sections. They did have a nice Yankees museum.. Speaking of that museum, they had seats behind glass from four different times in Yankee Stadium history (2009, 1976, 1950s, 1923), the smallest seat was the 2009 seat and the biggest was the 1950s seat by a long shot.

----
Other things since last I blogged...

May Laire.. The plotline was really neat but it was a very frustrating event for me. I really miss fighting and hate to be a bystander during big battles where I know I could help. Can't fight till September event, figure I'll play non-combat Daimone in July to show off my new summer outfit, play a combat Brother Hawk in August and then a full combat Daimone in September!

Arkham Horror.. Me and Jessie went to Steve's house at the end of May to play Arkham Horror, if you have not played it yet I would recommend it. It's sorta like Betrayal at House on the Hill on steroids. You and the other players are a team and your goal is to out live the board, you draw a random big monster at the beginning and you have to stop the monster from awakening, if you fail and he awakens you have to try and kill it before it kills you. According to Board Game Geek rankings Arkham Horror is #51 all time. Speaking of Board Game Geek, I don't really know how they determine their rankings. I was highly offended to see Empire Builder at #387, especially since their biggest bitch was the fact that the crayons broke!

June 5th marked my one year anniversary with Lynz. What a crazy roller coaster ride of a year it's been. Looking back at everything it's sorta amazing that it all happened in one year. I'd rather have a full crazy life then a boring one. What would you rather ride, the roller coaster or the Ferris wheel? Well, I for one hate Ferris wheels.

On June 6th I went to the Silver Kingdom Renaissance Festival in Charlton MA. It's a nice faire but you can tell it's a new faire. The camp ground is owned by a LARP (Lione End of Seasons), it's a really big camp but they only used one field for the faire. If they had spread it out more they would have done a lot better, as it was you walk into the one field and you can see all the faire has to offer in one glance. In terms of entertainment, they only really had musical acts and no "plot shows" to speak of. To me it seemed the faire was a LARP membership drive, the main focus of the faire was a boffer tournament which took place in the center of the ring of stores. I ended up buying a really nice summer outfit for Daimone that I can't wait to wear.

Speaking of Ren Faires and LARPs.. I still have not been able to get in touch with Son of Sandlar, I will try to call them again today when I leave work. I've emailed them a few times and left messages for them a few times as well with no responses. When I talked to them at the NY Ren Faire last year they told me to contact them via myspace and they would provide me shipping instructions to get my boots fixed.

--Diversion of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment