Thursday, May 21, 2009

Online?!

Lynz came over with Anja last night for dinner..  I went to the store and started getting a bit frustrated trying to buy a salad dressing that was gluten free, I was in a bit of a hurry and after looking at the first few dressings I gave up and decided to make my own.  I decided I would make a chunky sauce and use the chunky bits to cook the tilapia in.  The sauce came out really good so I figured I would post the recipe.

5 tomatillos
1 green pepper
1/4 onion
1 large chunk of garlic (the garlic we have has monstrous cloves, I cut one clove in half twice to put in the sauce..  I would say it's equivalent to 3 normal size cloves)
approx 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
a pinch or two of salt
- Throw all of that into a food processor and get it all ground up (keep pretty chunky) then add oil to make it thinner, I would say about 4 tablespoons of oil.  Blend again but not too much because otherwise it will get less chunky.  Now take it off and put it on low heat till it warms up a bit, once it warms up put a touch of Agave in to sweeten it.  
- Now scoop out some sauce, try to get a bunch of chunks and spread them onto a frying pan.  Put the tilapia on the sauce (fish should not be touching the pan so it stays nice and moist), put more sauce on top and cook on medium heat till the top gets white and flaky.  Meantime the sauce should stay on low heat to continue to meld the flavors.  
- I also made brocolini which I put in a pan with a little bit of oil and salt, cover it so that it steams in the oil.  Cook it until the skin starts to caramelize.
- Carefully take the tilapia out of the pan when it's done and put on more chunks.
- What you have left will be a watery sauce which would be good for salad dressing or, as we did, something to top your rice or quinoa with.

After Lynz left I started folding laundry and, because Luna peed on the bed in the spare bedroom, start more laundry.  While I was folding laundry the oddest thing happened, I logged into gmail and noticed Kaitlyn was online!  I ended up chatting with her on IM while I folded laundry!  It was a little surreal having her on IM and knowing that she is now reading this blog..  Welcome back to the internet world Kaitlyn...  I added her blog link to the random links section..  

----
Tuesday night I skipped dinner for the first time, it was not the first dinner I missed but it was the first I missed not due to travel.  Me and Melissa went to the Red Sox game instead.  A co-worker has season tickets in row B of the Right Field Roof Box, they are awesome seats and it was probably the first time I felt I had good seats in Fenway.  The seats still didn't face home plate but at least the pitch of the seats made it so that I could see over the heads of the people sitting in front of me.  I hate sitting on the field level there because if anyone sits in front of you (and at Fenway that means all the time) you can't see the field.  The game was a great pitching duel with the Red Sox coming out on top, the entire game was only 2 hours 15 minutes!  The food choices at Fenway do leave a bit to be desired but the burger I had was really good, probably because they were out when I ordered it so I got a fresh one.  They had signs for a kosher stand and I was going to get a knish but then I saw that their kosher "stand" was a vending machine!  It did have knishes but I didn't feel up for testing out a vending machine knish.

----
Laire this weekend..  I am planning on "playing" Daimone for the full weekend, I say playing in quotes because I will be non-combat still.  The Order is staying in the inn which means I can play at night too because I won't have to walk down to the cabin.  Hopefully I'll win lots of gold at night while everyone else is out killing the bad guys.. :)


---Diversion of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment