Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sports Bar - Fail

I'm out in Irvine this week, I come out here a lot and usually I do the same things while here. This time I decided I would do different things because a. why not and b. im tired and want to me more low key.

So.. Monday I went to Starbucks in the morning and found that the wine bar next door closed and is now a sports bar. One thing I used to really like doing out here was going to the Fox Sports Club and watching East Coast Baseball games during happy hour. So, I figured I'd go to the sports bar Monday night and watch the Mets. I decided to walk there since it's only a few blocks from hotel, when I got there I found out they don't have the baseball package.. How do you call yourself a sports bar and not pay for the MLB Extra Innings package? On top of that how can you call yourself a sports bar and put a baseball on your logo without the MLB Extra Innings package? When I went in there were a few businessmen hanging at the bar with a very pretty bartender. I was upset about no game but figured I would at least get a drink and some food since I was there, got a Old World Heffe which was good. While I was eating some young guys came in and kicked on the juke box, to say it was loud would be an understatement. Finished my food and left, walked over to the river and walked for a long time before going back to the hotel.

Tuesday I decide to try again with a different bar.. This time I did research online and found a cool looking bar called Players over in Laguna, I've never been in Laguna so I figured I'd go to the bar, watch some of the Mets game and then wander around Laguna. On the way to the bar I turned on the pre-game show to find out the game had been rained out! Fail take two... The food was good and the bar was quiet, watched a few innings of the Cubs game and then wandered around. The area was not very exciting but I will certainly be back to the bar another time.

Tonight I'm going to my friend Frank's house for dinner.

---
In other news, it's been a while since I blogged. I sent back my ticket from Sturbridge asking for a trial, no date yet. I apparently skipped my entire trip to Seattle, meant to write a blog but work has been real stupid with blocking websites lately. They finally unblocked this one today, hence why I'm here.. :)

Anyway, Seattle. I went to Seattle to teach at Microsoft, the facility is very nice but the cafeteria only takes cash!? No biggie since they have an ATM in the cafeteria, but.. The ATM decided to take money out of my account without actually giving me any money.. /sigh.. Had to have Putnam Bank fight with them to get my money back, very happy with the speed in which Put Bank did that too. Not much else exciting happened in Seattle..

---
Back home.. I did end up getting an apartment and just recently moved some stuff over there from Putnam. The apartment is small but nice, I met a few of the neighbors now and they seem nice too which is good. It's very quiet, walking distance to a few good restaurants and easy to get to work from. It's annoying realizing all the stuff that I need for the apartment like pots, pans, plates, etc.. Wondering what to get me for my birthday? I recommend BBB gift certificates.. I suppose I have lots more to say on the apartment topic but I'm not going to at this time, maybe soon..

---
I'm on vacation next week, Tuesday I'm going to my first Mets game of the year and Thurs-Sunday is Anime Boston. Should be a fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment