Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dropkick Murphys at HoB

Last night we went to Elephant Walk which is a Cambodian / French restaurant right near the House of Blues.. Dinner was great but it took WAY to long, we got there at before 6:30 and left after 8:30! I just went to paste what I ate but my entree is not listed online..

My starter was:
Rouleaux (available Vegan)
Two Cambodian spring rolls filled with ground pork, crushed peanut, beanthread noodles, carrot and onion; served with fresh greens and herbs for wrapping and tuk trey on the side for dipping

My second course was:
Leah Chah
Prince Edward Island mussels sautéed with garlic, Asian basil, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and scallion (gluten-free)

My entree was:
Duck in an orange sauce with really good crispy potatoes and asparagus.

My dessert was:
Mousse aux Fruits de Passion
Refreshingly tart and sweet passion fruit mousse served in an almond lace cup; garnished with fresh pineapple macerated in dark rum, sugar and lemon juice

It's a tough call to say which was better between the duck and the mussels, everything was great except the dessert which was just ok. I had an amber ale from Cape Ann Brewing in Gloucester MA, it was no James Squire but I would certainly drink it again.

One more thing about that restaurant, they had an entire page on their menu dedicated to gluten free.. :)

...
The concert was amazing.. We got there after the 2nd band which is kinda lame because we wanted to see the 2nd band. The House of Blues does not normally have Irish beer but they had a special stand setup with Guiness and another special stand with Celtic Ale. Dropkick Murphys is set to release a new live CD/DVD today and they had it at the concert last night cheaper than the in-store/online prices! Got the CD/DVD, a shirt and a sticker for my car..

Last night made me really glad for my Achilles Tendon surgery, I was jumping around and dancing for most of the show and have no knee/leg pain! There really is something special about having multiple bagpipes playing at the same time, and I don't mean multiple bagpipes playing as one. They let TONS of girls on stage during "Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced" and a ton of guys during one of the last songs! It was really neat seeing the entire stage filled with people.. The last song they played was Shipping Up to Boston and luckily I had plenty of room to dance around!

Something I realized last night was how welcoming Irish people are, I've been all over the world now and nobody is as welcoming as the Irish. You can live in Japan your entire life and no matter what you're still "gaijin", you go to Ireland and walk into any pub and you're family, just don't order the wrong beer.. ;)

Early on a guy bumped into me before the show started, we just looked at each other and raised our glasses in a toast. Everyone was bumping into each other while dancing and there were no fights or crazy crap you would expect at a crazy type concert like that.. I was very tempted to crowd surf, it was the first time I felt that was a good idea, I didn't however because they were kicking people out for doing it, I felt bad for the guy who crowd surfed during the 2nd song and had to miss the rest of the concert..

I was talking to a guy while waiting for in the coat check line and he handed his iPhone to some random dude before he jumped on stage and that person not only gave the phone back when he got off but also took some awesome pictures of him on stage with the band!

....
Speaking of Irish, Badger is making a big st pattys feast tonight for Tuesday Dinner.. Should be great..

---Diversion of the Day


Breaking News: Some Bullshit Happening Somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment