Friday, February 5, 2010

Trad Sessions in Willimantic

Wednesday night I finally watched all of Something Something Darkside.. If you have not seen it yet I do recommend it. At first I was pissed that they chose to release it right to DVD/BluRay but after watching it I realize they could probably never air it on TV, especially on broadcast TV. Leah to Han before carbon freezing "I love you", response "fuck off".. Emperor to Vader talking about Luke "I want you to turn him", response "Well, turn him? That might be tricky. I might be able to make him go bi, but all the way?" Now that I've watched it fully I want to watch it again with the "pop-up facts" turned on. Watching for the first time with those I felt was distracting.

Yesterday Lynz found out that Cafemantic, a coffee house in Willimantic, was starting to do Trad Sessions on Thursday nights. We decided instead of bowling to go there.. I got there a little late and found Lynz happily sitting on the stage playing her fiddle.. It was very cool to see and hear her playing up there with everyone but it was also very odd to be at a Trad Session without beer.. I had some really good green tea and a turkey panini but.. The coffee house is across the street from Willi Brew Pub, maybe next time I will bring my "water bottle" in with me and go get it refilled across the street.. :D

Shane is coming over tonight and tomorrow is Future Imperfect's one day event. Should be a great time..

---Many Diversions of the Day
- Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly


- Who Stole My Fries (Thanks Matt)


- Keith and Beckie's Singing and Dancing Snowman


- And Finally.. Lynz at her first Trad Session

No comments:

Post a Comment